• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Election GAMEDAY Thread

16 minutes ago, nate said:

My co-worker that lives outside of Atlanta has not been able to vote yet because every time she goes to the polling place there is no parking anywhere around and lines are down the street.

How is it that we as a country do not have easy access to voting for everyone?  That is truly tragic.  We spend so much on our military to "defend our freedom", which you have to wonder if that is even true if huge portions of people struggle to be able to vote, and yet we can't spend enough to have enough polling places that voting takes mere minutes instead of hours.

Yeah, like why did we fight for so many years to establish a new country for the right to vote and self governance but it takes more time than getting coffee at Starbucks? 

It took me about 8 minutes this morning. And @yk9001 it was just a couple blocks away at the Firehouse. Going to have the wife bake them cookies.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yeah, like why did we fight for so many years to establish a new country for the right to vote and self governance but it takes more time than getting coffee at Starbucks? 

It took me about 8 minutes this morning. And @yk9001 it was just a couple blocks away at the Firehouse. Going to have the wife bake them cookies.

Pipe down, buddy.

It's tragic! 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I see, you live in Georgia now?

By the way it took me about ten minutes as well.  That is how long it should take for everyone, not several hours.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/long-lines-voting-issues-reported-at-polling-places-across-metro-atlanta/867629575

3 minutes ago, nate said:

I see, you live in Georgia now?

By the way it took me about ten minutes as well.  That is how long it should take for everyone, not several hours.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/long-lines-voting-issues-reported-at-polling-places-across-metro-atlanta/867629575

Nope, still in Los Angeles county with a much larger population and yet somehow we get our asses out of bed and not make excuses about having to walk a couple blocks to vote.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Nope, still in Los Angeles county with a much larger population and yet somehow we get our asses out of bed and not make excuses about having to walk a couple blocks to vote.

You seem to have missed where people are waiting in lines for hours because there aren't enough poll locations.  Your argument, as usual, is irrelevant and stupid.

42 minutes ago, nate said:

My co-worker that lives outside of Atlanta has not been able to vote yet because every time she goes to the polling place there is no parking anywhere around and lines are down the street.

How is it that we as a country do not have easy access to voting for everyone?  That is truly tragic.  We spend so much on our military to "defend our freedom", which you have to wonder if that is even true if huge portions of people struggle to be able to vote, and yet we can't spend enough to have enough polling places that voting takes mere minutes instead of hours.

Talcum X is reporting big issues in NY too. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

i think nate's co-worker should wake up earlier on election days 

She got there before they opened and there was still no parking.

And not an hour long wait, several hour wait.

She just moved there three months ago.

And none of your arguments work, it should never take hours to vote.

2 minutes ago, nate said:

She got there before they opened and there was still no parking.

And not an hour long wait, several hour wait.

She just moved there three months ago.

And none of your arguments work, it should never take hours to vote.

did she vote?

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

People camp out in front of the Best Buy for Black Friday but show up late to vote and complain about there being no parking.

You are such a moron, lol.  I will take false equivalencies for $1000 alex.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

did she vote?

She got an uber to drop her off about 90 minutes ago and still isn't inside the building.

It shouldn't be as hard to vote as you are describing Nate.  That is for sure.

I also don't think it should be the easiest thing in the world either.  Regardless, I am glad I do absentee.  I think most people should.  So much easier and if more people did it, the polls would be less busy.

The last time I voted in person was over 6 years ago and just like every other in person voting experience it was like a trip to the DMV.  Generally the volunteers working the stations are older individuals and they take some time to get you into the booth once you finally make it to them.  Then you've got people who probably did no prep work beforehand so they're in there uninformed and need to read everything.  I can't speak for other states as they may not have as many propositions on the ballot but in CA that's generally 1-2 full pages to read.  Voting shouldn't take that long but when you had the human element it's no surprise that it does.  

1 hour ago, nate said:

I think more people should use the absentee ballot

18 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Voting by mail is the bee's knees. I'll never vote at a polling location again unless something goes wrong with the mail ballot.

Only time I went to a polling location was when I missed the deadline to mail in my ballot.  

26 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The last time I voted in person was over 6 years ago and just like every other in person voting experience it was like a trip to the DMV.  Generally the volunteers working the stations are older individuals and they take some time to get you into the booth once you finally make it to them.  Then you've got people who probably did no prep work beforehand so they're in there uninformed and need to read everything.  I can't speak for other states as they may not have as many propositions on the ballot but in CA that's generally 1-2 full pages to read.  Voting shouldn't take that long but when you had the human element it's no surprise that it does.  

This was a weird ballot for L.A. at least.  They got rid of the simple scan tron ballots, and now you have to fill in the bubble next to your choice.  I guess too many people from Florida transplanted to L.A. and they need to make something even more idiot proof.

As for the ballot itself.  A lot of surprises on the ballot like all the judicial approval things.  It took me a good 3 hours to complete my ballot, since there was a lot of new stuff on it that was different from the sample ballot I received in the mail earlier.  So if people are taking their ballots seriously, and going to a polling place.  I can see how it might take a lot longer, and be a lot more confusing.  Which is sad, and I'm sure there will be lawsuits about it.  Because no matter how much you did in homework, the official ballot and the sample ballot doesn't match.