• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The stupid patience thread

Second Base

19 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

What I haven’t seen anyone in this thread point out is that an honest assessment of the league is pretty important here.  The Angels need to avoid multi year contracts to older players.  The reality is in the short term the Angels are solidly outclassed by the Astros, Yankees, and Red Sox.  Bringing guys like Daniel Murphy or JA Happ on won’t closs the parity gap.  We’ll probably have to give them 3 years.  It’s terrible.  They’ll probably end up causing problems when the Angels are legitimately closer to those teams when some of the better prospects start coming up.  If we can’t get players who will around when the Angels might be able to do damage, then what’s the point ? We are probably in the mix for the wild card right now with any modicum of luck health wise.  Without these stupid band aids.  I don’t care about the Angels chasing a one game playoff.  I honestly, don’t give a shit about that.  The Angels need to be after players that can be viewed as mid to long term assets that will help them beat the aforementioned power houses in the league year over year. I’d rather wait to take a shot at those players if the Angels can’t do it now.  

Do I want the Angels to be active this winter. Yes.  Do I want them to be more competitive next year.  Of course.  All things being equal tho, if it’s going to take us giving a bunch of old veterans 30 or 40 million dollars for 3 years to compete for the wild card.  Well, I’m alright waiting another year or 2. 

Hey! My OP was decent.