• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Daniel Murphy?

Second Base

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

St. Louis assessed the situation and offered himself seven years. If the Angels were that smart, he either wouldn't be here, or the Angels would be done with his contract by now.

they reportedly offered him a 10 year $210M contract. 

The more I think about it the more I wouldn’t mind having Murphy, Fletcher and Cozart all on the team.  I’m not sure they could have all three and still keep Ward and a 4th outfielder.  Also if you have all three of those guys, my guess is Ward would probably be better off getting every day at bats in AAA.  

Even though I've been saying Fletcher would be our starting '19 2B since last offseason, I still think ideally he should be the UT IF. 

It'd be fantastic to have someone legitimately good at doing all the little things on the bench; fantastic defense, great contact, good speed, versatile. 

He'd give Sosh...uhh...Ausmus a lot of options. That's gonna take some getting used to. : /

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

The more I think about it the more I wouldn’t mind having Murphy, Fletcher and Cozart all on the team.  I’m not sure they could have all three and still keep Ward and a 4th outfielder.  Also if you have all three of those guys, my guess is Ward would probably be better off getting every day at bats in AAA.  

Cozart at 3B, Fletcher at 2B, Murphy for 120-130 games at 1B, and Ohtani for 140 games at DH would work, if Eppler/Ausmus and Pujols finally have the talk about being limited to 60-70 games in 2019.

I'd rather roll the dice with the internal candidates than see the Angels sign guys like this or Moustakas or Dozier - who are going to be expensive and have too many question marks surrounding them.  If they don't pan out - at least they won't break the bank.

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

I'd rather roll the dice with the internal candidates than see the Angels sign guys like this or Moustakas or Dozier - who are going to be expensive and have too many question marks surrounding them.  If they don't pan out - at least they won't break the bank.

This sounds like Eppler's plan.  He wants to spend on pitching it seems, and he has some degree in confidence in Fletcher, Ward, Thaiss, Rengifo and Walsh developing.  While isn't sure all five will pan out, he seems to be relatively confident that of those prospects, at least two or three will end up being pretty good. 

So from my set of shoes, the only position player he'll acquire this offseason is a catcher.