• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Death Penalty

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Or at bare minimum, put them in general population.

I'm all for kicking them out on the yard and letting nature take its course. Even among inmates, there are things that you just don't do. Top of the list is crimes against children.

31 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I'm all for kicking them out on the yard and letting nature take its course. Even among inmates, there are things that you just don't do. Top of the list is crimes against children.

Yep. 

One of our chaplains at work is one of those holy parole dudes. Him and his family were some of the founders of one the biggest OC gangs, if not biggest. Mafia keyholder for OC is from there (just died). This guy went to prison and got religion, his brother is bonafide mafia.

We get along real well, one of the only ride alongs i dont mind taking. 

But i asked him about it once. His brother was in san quinton, and mentioned how he knew manson and a bunch of high profile guys like that. I asked him how guys like that, the ones who have killed women, old ladies etc dont get knocked off. He was like "you guys!" I asked him what he meant, and he said all those high profile guys are segregated, with two COs with them at all times.

Kills me because aside from housing, feeding and free medical and college, we also have to protect these dudes...

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Bittaker and Norris were considered rehabilitated after several incarcerations. 

This.

There are some people out there who are just not redeamable. This topic had me google a few more well known cases. Its amazing how guys like the pauly klauss' murderer had already done time for rape and kidnapping/sex assault.

Ive mentioned on here before. I arrested a 13 year old once. He and his 14 year old buddy. They carjacked some dude, ran him over during it. The 13 year old was bragging about how he beat a murder charge the previous year. Got a 18 year old chick pregnant.

I know hes a kid....but hes never going to fit in society...

Oldie but goody. That gang was super active when i was a kid. Everyyyyyyone knew who they were. I remember seeing them shoot a few garden grove gangsters, then parked down the street maybe 20 mins later, getting some cholas phone number.

Give it a watch. Regardless of how it ends up (its bad), pay attention to the beginning...and realize those kids were broken (not their fault) but were NEVER going to make it. Only difference for them is fox undercover interviewed them...theres a few hundred thousand out there like them..

37 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

But i asked him about it once. His brother was in san quinton, and mentioned how he knew manson and a bunch of high profile guys like that. I asked him how guys like that, the ones who have killed women, old ladies etc dont get knocked off. He was like "you guys!" I asked him what he meant, and he said all those high profile guys are segregated, with two COs with them at all times.

Kills me because aside from housing, feeding and free medical and college, we also have to protect these dudes...

It all comes down to legal liability. If we didn't protect them and something happened, then the state is potentially legally liable. At least at my facility the warden has begun taking some measures to stop the abuse of protective custody. If an inmate can't name an individual on the yard who he must be separated from, then he doesn't get PC. None of this "everybody is out to get me" crap.

The problem with the death penalty, like pretty much everything else, is we've screwed it up at every turn. Innocent people have been executed because they're too dumb or too poor to get proper defense while obviously guilt people get 3 decades of private rooms and a set of servants to feed them and house them. We need to make it harder to get the conviction then much less desirable to sit on death row. Or just give all the murderers who have been proven guilty on tougher standards one prison, open bay, one set of law books, easy access to belts, ropes, battery acid.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 2:40 PM, floplag said:

You could argue that, and im sure in some cases its accurate to some people, but i dont see it that way.
Can you just throw away the key, sure, but who does that benefit? 
Youre feeding into for profit prisons.

I don't know of any state that houses death row in private facilities. If this were to become a thing, life without parole would likely be housed in one spot. My facility has a number of them already. They have been no more of a management issue than anyone else.

17 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I don't know of any state that houses death row in private facilities. If this were to become a thing, life without parole would likely be housed in one spot. My facility has a number of them already. They have been no more of a management issue than anyone else.

Currently you are correct, at least as far as i know.  My assumption is that at some point he population grows to a level unsustainable by the current system.  Thus the logical feed into outsourcing the life without possibility types.  

• 1 year later...

Figured Id dig this thread up.

Like I said before, I still respect anyone's viewpoint on this. 

But Lawrence Bittaker finally died.

Of natural causes.

Is he Hitler? No. Is there a difference between the two? No.

This guy was an absolute monster. It sickens me that he died of old age. We talk how life without parole is punishment enough. Nah... not for guys like this. Guys who do what he did, and sold his autograph on ebay to sick fucks that think hes a badass.

8 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Figured Id dig this thread up.

Like I said before, I still respect anyone's viewpoint on this. 

But Lawrence Bittaker finally died.

Of natural causes.

Is he Hitler? No. Is there a difference between the two? No.

This guy was an absolute monster. It sickens me that he died of old age. We talk how life without parole is punishment enough. Nah... not for guys like this. Guys who do what he did, and sold his autograph on ebay to sick fucks that think hes a badass.

Yep, this is tricky. For guys like this, who have clearly shed all of their humanity and become immoral husks, I don't see why we should let them keep on living.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:46 AM, mtangelsfan said:

No death penalty.  The justice system is too slanted toward people who have money.

This is what I keep going back to. As long as our justice system is biased, giving it the power to hand death sentences seems wrong.

Maybe I'm just pro death penalty for serial killers, in which the evidence is overwhelming against them and they show no sense of remorse.

Why would they show remorse, they are doing what they love? It's not they are doing a one time shoot the drug store pharmacist for some Oxy, they are dedicated to their craft. Given the option of doing it all over again, they would.

Even knowing their punishment is the death penalty they would still take out as many people in their ritualistic fashion as they possibly could before getting caught.

The drug store holdup guy is probably going to choose working overtime at the car wash as a do over.