• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Garrett Richards' "stuff"

jshep

Dude's frustrating. You see his start vs Detroit earlier this year where it shows how good he can be when he can command his stuff, but far too often he just can't do it

Yep, it would be one thing if he was just consistently bad, but he shows something often enough to make these kind of outings so frustrating.

That ball that drove in the first run should've been caught by Shuck.  It isn't Richards fault that he has a gaping hole where his left-fielder should be and that Trout had to go streaking across the screen and attempt a diving grab.  If Bourjos is healthy and Trout is in LF, Trout makes that catch standing still.  

As for Richards' location, yeah he's battling right now.  He's so much better suited for starter it isn't even funny.  He said it at the beginning of the year and it's still true.  Flipping his role the way the Angels have this season really screws with him.  

Blanton has no business being a starting pitcher.  Remove him and put Richards in the rotation.  Simple as that. 

That ball that drove in the first run should've been caught by Shuck.  It isn't Richards fault that he has a gaping hole where his left-fielder should be and that Trout had to go streaking across the screen and attempt a diving grab.  If Bourjos is healthy and Trout is in LF, Trout makes that catch standing still.  

As for Richards' location, yeah he's battling right now.  He's so much better suited for starter it isn't even funny.  He said it at the beginning of the year and it's still true.  Flipping his role the way the Angels have this season really screws with him.  

Blanton has no business being a starting pitcher.  Remove him and put Richards in the rotation.  Simple as that. 

Sweet excuses.

I agree he should be in the rotation because he's the best hope the Angels have of a home grown starter this side of Mark Sappington and because Blanton is the worst, but his command is awful. And it's not just right now, it's most of his big league career. 

At some point, the excuses for him start failing and the results have to be there. They aren't there.

Tough to watch while at the gym. He has the stuff, but I thought the infield singles were lucky and am not sure what Shuck was doing in LF as Trout beat him to the ball.

Hoping he doesn't go Ramon Ortiz on us with potential that doesn't pan out.

Sweet excuses.

I agree he should be in the rotation because he's the best hope the Angels have of a home grown starter this side of Mark Sappington and because Blanton is the worst, but his command is awful. And it's not just right now, it's most of his big league career. 

At some point, the excuses for him start failing and the results have to be there. They aren't there.

I have to agree. This confidence stroking for grown men is a bunch of crap. When he is given the opportunity to pitch, no matter in what position or what inning he needs to produce. If he is going to get his shot, he is going to have to make the most of it. He can't come in when his team has fought back and taken a good lead and give up 4 runs and walking everybody in sight. The bottom line is, well, the bottom line, and his stats look like crap!

Wonder if Milwaukee would have taken Richards over Segura

Wasn't the talk that the sticking point in trade talks for Greinke for Milwaukee was a good shortstop prospect?

And actually, I feel like I recall something about Milwaukee specifically  preferring Segura over Richards. Could be wrong about that one, though.