• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hire Doug White for Pitching Coach

OregonLAA

50 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Dammit....i worked on a photoshop for nothing now

Photoshop has got to be your last last resort. Give yourself three pages of the gif search function, if nothing turn to the google... if google fails you, only then do you resort to making your own thing.

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

Put it like this.....

Doug White is from San Diego, Billy Eppler is from San Diego. 

Doug White enjoys surfing.  Billy Eppler enjoys surfing. 

Doug White tries new things when it comes to coaching pitchers. 

Billy Eppler is always looking for a new way of doing things.  Looking to get an edge. 

So basically, Billy and Doug were surfing, and Doug totally stole Billy's wave and he was like "woah bro" and Doug was like "my bad bro", and then Billy's like, "you like coaching pitchers bro" and Doug was like, "yeah bro, totes".  Then they got a beer and Billy introduced Doug to his bro, Brad, who is also like totally a coach.  They hit it off over some chips and guac and now he's the pitching coach. 

DEXATI20181030135703.png

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

Put it like this.....

Doug White is from San Diego, Billy Eppler is from San Diego. 

Doug White enjoys surfing.  Billy Eppler enjoys surfing. 

Doug White tries new things when it comes to coaching pitchers. 

Billy Eppler is always looking for a new way of doing things.  Looking to get an edge. 

So basically, Billy and Doug were surfing, and Doug totally stole Billy's wave and he was like "woah bro" and Doug was like "my bad bro", and then Billy's like, "you like coaching pitchers bro" and Doug was like, "yeah bro, totes".  Then they got a beer and Billy introduced Doug to his bro, Brad, who is also like totally a coach.  They hit it off over some chips and guac and now he's the pitching coach. 

this will be the best post we read today.

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

The 55 reclamation projects picked off the waiver wire that turned into useful arms says different.   Funny thing about guys with a history of arm issues -- they break down.   

The 55 reclamation projects Eppler picked up turned into useful arms. That's a testament to him being a great GM not Nagy being a good pitching coach.

47 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

The 55 reclamation projects Eppler picked up turned into useful arms. That's a testament to him being a great GM not Nagy being a good pitching coach.

Or both.  So since the hitters didn’t do their job is it on the hitting coach or a testament to how bad of a GM Eppler is?  

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Or both.  So since the hitters didn’t do their job is it on the hitting coach or a testament to how bad of a GM Eppler is?  

Hinske was held accountable as well. He was awful too.

I don't get the argument for Nagy. Are you guys suggesting he's a great pitching coach who worked miracles and was fired because he was too good at his job? Or are you suggesting the angels are trying to lose on purpose?

If he's as good as you think he is, why was he fired? I dont get it.

47 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Hinske was held accountable as well. He was awful too.

I don't get the argument for Nagy. Are you guys suggesting he's a great pitching coach who worked miracles and was fired because he was too good at his job? Or are you suggesting the angels are trying to lose on purpose?

If he's as good as you think he is, why was he fired? I dont get it.

No, we are suggesting he was a good pitching coach and had a hand in the 55 pitchers success.  You are suggesting he sucked and deserved to be fired and that the success of those pitchers was entirely because Eppler found them and they were always good (psst they weren’t always good).