• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Seven Dodgers, six Angels become free agents as MLB offseason begins

I would sign Richards for 2 years with a team option for a third. 1 year to fully rehab, one year to get back on his feet, and if he performs well, pick up his option or extend him.

Adam Jones would be a good fit for right field though he's declined these last couple years and probably won't leave Baltimore.

I wouldn't mind Josh Tomlin either, I wonder how much money it would take.

GrittyVeterans : " We need a catcher better than that"

I don't disagree with your comment.

My list is of catchers who I think the Halos' front office can afford -- I don't see the Halos spending what it takes to get a top tier catcher (offense wise) and I've always been OK going with a defensive oriented catcher -- on that list -- I think Martin Maldonado is a top tier defensive catcher and is the one I'd like to see back -- but Houston seems to really like him and will pay him what it takes to keep him there.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:22 AM, Kody Mac said:

Adam Jones would be a good fit for right field though he's declined these last couple years and probably won't leave Baltimore.

at their last game, jones said good bye to his teammates and i believe to the fans as well. everything about his behavior said "adios." i don't think he wants to spend his remaining years going through another rebuild.

"What kind of money are we playing with?"

A lot less than what it would take to sign key players to become competitive again........

I just don't see us doing much in 2019 or even 2020 --

hopefully we can compete by 2021 - isn't that about when Pujols' contract will finally be off the books ?

I wouldn't mind seeing Maldonado back just to see what he and Doug White can cobble together from what they learned in HOU about their pitching data and systems. 

What the Astros did with Cole, Verlander, and Morton in particular is fairly astounding, and enough of a sample size to show they've got some data or philosophy they're building on. Question is if enough either Maldy or White know enough to pull anything from it.

15 hours ago, totdprods said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Maldonado back just to see what he and Doug White can cobble together from what they learned in HOU about their pitching data and systems. 

What the Astros did with Cole, Verlander, and Morton in particular is fairly astounding, and enough of a sample size to show they've got some data or philosophy they're building on. Question is if enough either Maldy or White know enough to pull anything from it.

Dear God no...there are better options available at the catcher position this offseason