• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Simmons wins the fielding bible for SS

Chuck

could end up the best defensive player of all time and a HOFer.  Got to get that dude to the all star game next year.  He deserves it.  

I've never seen a player so instinctive with his positioning.  He actually takes away defensive value of Upton because he ends up getting to so many balls in short LF (weird right?).  

I really hope we lock him up beyond his current contract because even though defense usually doesn't age well, he's so good I think he'll continue to be elite there through his mid 30's.  

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

could end up the best defensive player of all time and a HOFer.  Got to get that dude to the all star game next year.  He deserves it.  

I've never seen a player so instinctive with his positioning.  He actually takes away defensive value of Upton because he ends up getting to so many balls in short LF (weird right?).  

I really hope we lock him up beyond his current contract because even though defense usually doesn't age well, he's so good I think he'll continue to be elite there through his mid 30's.  

That would be great if they did extend him what do you think it will cost 3 additional years at $20M per year?

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I know it takes two to tango, but you gotta think Eppler wouldn't let Andrelton Simmons play for another team if he can help it. He has the best defensive profile, pretty much ever, and in an increasingly strikeout friendly league, he's the best contact hitter in baseball. 

17 hours ago, JAHV76 said:

That would be great if they did extend him what do you think it will cost 3 additional years at $20M per year?

2019 will be his age 29 season. I think at the minimum we have to give him 5 years, perhaps upwards of 7 at about $18M per season AAV. His defense is so good even when he declines he will still be a top-tier SS so really it is how much emphasis you place on his bat maintaining its current levels.

53 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I'm thinking as much as 6 years/$120 million for Simba.

Last year I suggested 7 years, $119M, as it fell between what Tulowitzki and Andrus received at the same age. Your suggestion is probably closer to the truth now I think with one less year but more money. Somewhere between $102M-$120M is probably the landing spot unless he takes a team-friendly discount.