• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodger fans worried about Kershaw?

Dtwncbad

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Angel fans so often freak out that Trout may want to "go home" to Philadelphia.

Yet I have never heard a Dodger fan ever concerned that Kershaw is a Texas boy who might want to "go home."

Why?

Bet there are a few fans after the WS that hopes he opts out and heads to Texas. Kershaw is owed 65 mil over the next two years. if he opts out, think someone give him a better deal? I don't, Kershaw as seen his best days. 

Kershaw can't even top low 90s anymore; and it seems that he's bouncing that slider more than ever, granted the control is still solid.    He is still hot and cold in the post-season, though.    For only the second time since his rookie year, he failed to K as many as innings pitched.

After being healthy through 2015, he's only made 74 starts over the past 3 regular seasons.    2,248 regular and post-season innings pitched since 2008

Dogs fan is probably secretly hoping he opts out, and goes elsewhere.   Or simply pitch the next two seasons, and then goes elsewhere.

big big big drop in velo for 2018.  

avg fastball maxing out at 93.6 with an avg of 90.9.  

avg fourseam velo:

2015 - 94.3 mph
2016 - 93.7 mph
2017 - 92.7 mph
2018 - 90.9 mph

RED ALERT!!!  

He's entering his age 31 season and is due 70 mil over the next two years if he doesn't opt out.  

If he does opt out, does he get 4/100 or even 5/125?  he's been plagued by back, neck and bicep injuries over the past three years.  

that stated, I think if he opts out, he'll get more than 70 mil.  even if he takes an aav pay cut, he's got to think it would be worth it for him to have the additional guaranteed money.  

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Angel fans so often freak out that Trout may want to "go home" to Philadelphia.

Yet I have never heard a Dodger fan ever concerned that Kershaw is a Texas boy who might want to "go home."

Why?

It began when fans of other teams - notably the Yankees, later the Phillies, and others, openly fantasized about day he became a F/A and they could get him to play for *their* team.

Add to that the number of sportswriters suggesting the same, or suggesting it was time for the Angels to trade him (to their favorite team), and how we were wasting his best years, so should trade him to a contender (their favorite team) - has been particularly noisy this season.  

He's a generational player, in every way, a first-ballot Hall Of Famer, and a quality guy, to boot.  Everyone wants him, and makes no secret of it, and he's in his prime.

Kershaw has been a great pitcher - but with his injuries and missed starts, declines in velocity, and age - I think most people looking at his salary demands would know they're probably getting a Carl Pavano contract.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:35 PM, Dochalo said:

if he opts out, it won't be for the 35m per he's going to get over the next two years so he'll have to decide.  More years and less money per or he can wager on being healthy two years from now.  

I could see the Dodgers easily offering him 5 years, 100 million.  Maybe even more per year.  5 years, 125 million.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:03 AM, Dochalo said:

big big big drop in velo for 2018.  

avg fastball maxing out at 93.6 with an avg of 90.9.  

avg fourseam velo:

2015 - 94.3 mph
2016 - 93.7 mph
2017 - 92.7 mph
2018 - 90.9 mph

RED ALERT!!!  

Sounds like a perfect signing

for Jerry Dipoto.