• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Silver lining for Dodgers fans

i think that there is a reasonable case to be made that losing two world series back to back may be the high water mark for this franchise for a little while. the DOJ investigation is serious. DOJ investigations aren't "in house" investigations or the code blues we are used to. when the DOJ gets involved people tend to go to prison. i could see serious sanctions against the dodgers farm and a dismantling of their front office.

it's going to be very interesting to see if MLB tries to protect a flagship franchise, as the dodgers are, or if they will stay away in an effort to excuse itself.

12 hours ago, ukyah said:

i think that there is a reasonable case to be made that losing two world series back to back may be the high water mark for this franchise for a little while. the DOJ investigation is serious. DOJ investigations aren't "in house" investigations or the code blues we are used to. when the DOJ gets involved people tend to go to prison. i could see serious sanctions against the dodgers farm and a dismantling of their front office.

it's going to be very interesting to see if MLB tries to protect a flagship franchise, as the dodgers are, or if they will stay away in an effort to excuse itself.

Good call. That story has died out, but maybe it comes back now that the series is over.

Would be epic if it does.

Aside from the pic, i am intrigued by what they might do.  

I kinda think maybe they want Kershaw to opt out deep down.  I had previously thought they were dead set on keeping Machado even with Seager coming back, now im not so sure anymore, hes definitely hurt himself this post season in many ways and they have the depth to say meh, it was just a rental.

It will be interesting to see the path they take.  They could go ham and spend or they could take a step back and say this didnt work and turn the page.  I dont think id be shocked either way.  Im not familiar enough with their farm to know whats pressing them but thier ML roster is deep as hell with 2-3 real options at every position.   They will likely look at bullpen for sure but aside from that they dont have any major weaknesses aside from that even if Kershaw opts out and leaves. 

You can celebrate The Dodgers defeat if you want but the silver lining and the fact that remains is that The Dodgers made it to The World Series, and they have made it to the Post Season almost every year since the Turn of the 21st Century. Yes, I wished they would have performed better during The Series and that they hadn't choked away the margin-able lead they had Saturday Night; but, there will be other World Series appearances.

44667495_10156587158013190_7797739264506068992_n.jpg

8 minutes ago, W.E. Baxter Author said:

and they have made it to the Post Season almost every year since the Turn of the 21st Century. 

Well, it helps when you outspend every other pro team globally, and share a division with 3 dud teams and the every other year giants.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

How would the Dogs do if they played in the AL West this season?    Facing two teams 19 times each who each won at least 97 games, and a third team 19 times who won close to 90 games?

The NL west wasn't chicken feed, The Rockies and Diamondbacks were in the race till late when the Dbacks folded a little.
The giant were a mess but think will be competitive again next year.
The Padres... well, they are still in SD an likley nothing else can be said for another couple years when their youth arrives.