• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

14 hours ago, floplag said:

This is precisely the point ive been arguing for some time now.

and the thing you don't understand is that they're not going to change anything they're doing now as if that matters.  they're not going to trade prospects.  They're not going to commit long term dollars to players that are likely to be of marginal help during that time, and they're not going to spend more money on the current roster than they already have.  

they're setting the team up for that window.  Whether you like it or not, they have chosen that window as a better opportunity than the one right in front of us.  

they could be wrong and that would suck.  but doing it the way they've chose works out more often than doing it any other way.  

you need to stop acting as if adding 30 mil in payroll to the team was actually ever an option.  

the two options were to do what Eppler did or to use a combo of farm and monetary resources to make the team better than it is right now.  

Assuming a similar payroll, would you rather have realmuto and 3 less of our top 5 prospects?  Or Kluber and the same?  Or Machado and a rotation of Heaney, Skaggs, Barria, Pena and Canning/Suarez with no Allen, Lucroy and maybe no Bour?  The last one is slightly tempting but I still choose what we did because of what we can still do next year and the year after.  

There was a 3rd realistic option that Arte could have chose which would have been to keep his 30m and not have Eppler improve the team for this year.  

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

and the thing you don't understand is that they're not going to change anything they're doing now as if that matters.  they're not going to trade prospects.  They're not going to commit long term dollars to players that are likely to be of marginal help during that time, and they're not going to spend more money on the current roster than they already have.  

they're setting the team up for that window.  Whether you like it or not, they have chosen that window as a better opportunity than the one right in front of us.  

they could be wrong and that would suck.  but doing it the way they've chose works out more often than doing it any other way.  

you need to stop acting as if adding 30 mil in payroll to the team was actually ever an option.  

the two options were to do what Eppler did or to use a combo of farm and monetary resources to make the team better than it is right now.  

Assuming a similar payroll, would you rather have realmuto and 3 less of our top 5 prospects?  Or Kluber and the same?  Or Machado and a rotation of Heaney, Skaggs, Barria, Pena and Canning/Suarez with no Allen, Lucroy and maybe no Bour?  The last one is slightly tempting but I still choose what we did because of what we can still do next year and the year after.  

There was a 3rd realistic option that Arte could have chose which would have been to keep his 30m and not have Eppler improve the team for this year.  

Actually, what you dont seem to understand is that I do understand it completely.  I am very clear on what they are doing, what they will and will not do.  However, that doesnt mean i have to like it does it?   Where is it written that my fandom is predicated on buying into whatever they do and accepting everything im told as gospel?  

Im not going to bother rehashing the rest all over again, its moot.  

20 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

I thought Adam Jones was going to get A.J. Pollock money.  It sure doesn't look like that now.

I hope his price drops so much that he'll sign with a team in a platoon role. I'd love to have an Adam Jones/Kole Calhoun platoon in RF.  

Plus we would only need 4 OF's and could carry an extra pitcher since Jones can play all three OF spots.

Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that the J.T. Realmuto trade talks are in "advanced stages."

Frisaro pegs the Padres, Reds, Dodgers, and Braves as all being "in the mix," with San Diego possibly emerging as the "frontrunner" here on the final day of January. Realmuto, 27, should fetch a large package of young talent for the rebuilding Marlins after delivering a .277/.340/.484 batting line with 21 home runs and 74 RBI over 125 games last season. He is under control through 2020 via salary arbitration, with a $5.9 million salary coming his way in 2019.
Related: Dodgers, Braves, Reds, Padres

Source: Marlins.mlb.com

On January 30, 2019 at 8:31 AM, floplag said:

I have never once argued that point and yet you keep coming back to it as though i have.  
As for the rest, every team has a list like that, the difference is that we let it cripple us.
How many bad contracts do you think we have right now?  i see one, Pujols, and you yourself have told me that  another 20-30M doesnt make this team a division contender so even is he wasnt here its moot. 

if saving the money from Albert's contract doesn't make us divison contenders, how is it crippling us? 

9 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Harper to San Diego, Machado to Philly, Keuchel to Chicago. Let’s do this. 

Man that would be great for SD if Harper signed there. If he does I hope Billy gets on the phone with SD about Wil Myers, or even better, Franmil Reyes. 

I really like this Reyes kid. Big power, decent OBP and contact.

32 HR's between AAA and the big leagues last year for the Padres. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 11.21.00 AM.png

Franmil Reyes has developed good power over the past 2 seasons, and has actually shown decent plate patience since 2015 (around 50 BBs every 500 at bats).

But at 275 lbs, can he effectively play RF?    Plus Adell is on the way to starting in RF in about a year anyway.

Reyes is still only 23.   If they needed a DH, then yes.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

if saving the money from Albert's contract doesn't make us divison contenders, how is it crippling us? 

You tell me, im not the one suggesting it other are. 
Ive said all along i thought the extra 30 would give us a shot so im not going to argue against my own point :)