• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month 
    Click on the image above to donate!

2018 Hot Stove League

VINTAGE. BASEBALL. STORY. 
Visit Big Fly Gear to get your baseball apparel today!
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10 day or 15 day DL... doesn't really matter.  Angels' pitchers only use the 60 day DL

"Snow is the greatest teammate I have ever had" - Josh Hamilton

drive home listening to mlb network heard something funny.   The had on Mike Ferrin to talk about the Goldschmidt trade and Jeff Joyce was asking Ferrin about the likelihood of the dbacks trading

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Lou said:

MLB going back to 15-day DL to get rid of the bullpen shenanigans 

Good!... I thought that was stupid anyway, it was just a way every team could circumvent the roster and by giving pitchers extra rest and the stupid bullpen game starts... You shouldn't be rewarded for using bullpen game starts. That's for teams not looking to spend on another starter or bring up their kids to save service time $$$.... They use the Waiver wire like a revolving door.... Sound familiar?...

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

19 days to ST

Attention Harper, Machado, and Keuchel….MLB owners are no longer throwing away big money on inconsistent hitting, doucheness, or becoming a hits machine on the mound.

DEAL WITH IT!   SIGN WITH SOMEONE!  Got it?  Good!

He's baaaaaaack...

image.png.b5444af29a0a6b65bf86fd44658febfe.png

37 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

19 days to ST

Attention Harper, Machado, and Keuchel….MLB owners are no longer throwing away big money on inconsistent hitting, doucheness, or becoming a hits machine on the mound.

DEAL WITH IT!   SIGN WITH SOMEONE!  Got it?  Good!

Moving day should be in about 10 days.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I think the Nats are still in on Harper.  

the Phils are in on both

CWS in on Machado.  

There's likely another team in on Machado but my guess is the CWS are dangling way more money.

Boras is just waiting for someone to blink, and no one is going to.  

I think SD may be the mystery team - they have the money and are close to competing. My expectation at this point is Machado to the White Sox and Harper to the Phillies, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Pads drop in and grab one (or a Keuchel, for that matter).

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I have to believe Harper and Machado have all their offers... and they're just waiting for the other to leap first.  It's crazy that neither has signed yet. 

what i get from this lengthy delay is that neither one of them received the big number offers they were expecting (or that their agents convinced them they deserved).

at this point, i think they're trying to save face by making it seem like the offers are okay and it's just tough to decide where to sign.