• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

3 minutes ago, Spirit_of_02 said:

Had a very good 2017 between AA and AAA. He fell off a cliff in 2018 but he's 25 and his career numbers in the minors are much closer to his 2017 season. Is he a hard thrower?

mid to upper 90's and LHed.  6'7", 240lbs.  

I'd totally take a flier on this guy but for the dbacks to let him go with that arm from the left side, it tells me that the guy is broken.  

8 minutes ago, RBM said:

Interesting. I could see Eppler claiming him. A lefty who throws 95+. The control issues from last year were new so you would hope he’d get back to 2017 form. 

We’re getting to the point where the 40-man is full and there aren’t a whole lot of obvious targets to trim. 

Jesus Castillo or Noe Ramirez would probably be next on the block, with new guys like Kevan Smith, Curtiss, or Peters fringe possibilities. 

I think we’re probably close to done for MLB deals and waiver claims, at least until ST, unless Eppler gets a real bargain on a FA or finds a trade partner including someone from the 40. 

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, RBM said:

Interesting. I could see Eppler claiming him. A lefty who throws 95+. The control issues from last year were new so you would hope he’d get back to 2017 form. 

Report I saw was 90-93 which still isn't bad but not 95+?

10 minutes ago, RBM said:

Two semi-reliable sources:

@Dochalo reported mid to upper 90’s 

and 

Some dude in the comments section of the article called him “a lefty with options who throws 95.”

sickels had him mid 90's before the start of last year.  another report from 2080 had him mid to upper nineties.  Both mention heavy action and sink on the fastball with a high GB rate.  

again, you don't give up on an arm like that with options unless you think he's broken.  

31 minutes ago, RBM said:

and 

Some dude in the comments section of the article called him “a lefty with options who throws 95.”

15 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

sickels had him mid 90's before the start of last year.  another report from 2080 had him mid to upper nineties.  Both mention heavy action and sink on the fastball with a high GB rate.  

again, you don't give up on an arm like that with options unless you think he's broken.  

Okay well I was going off of this but it is about 2 1/2 years old so things change: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/prospect-reports-arizona-diamondbacks/

32 minutes ago, RBM said:

and 

And I will agree that the former is much more reliable than the latter :D