• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

24 minutes ago, Lou said:

there you go 

?

If the Cubs want something really significant back in return they will probably need to eat some salary, Zobrist is still pretty good but he doesn't have a tremendous amount of surplus value. Also the Angels can't take all of that on.

22 minutes ago, ettin said:

?

If the Cubs want something really significant back in return they will probably need to eat some salary, Zobrist is still pretty good but he doesn't have a tremendous amount of surplus value. Also the Angels can't take all of that on.

their goal in trading Zobrist wouldn't be to get something significant in return (Calhoun is significant?).  it would be to shed payroll in order to acquire bullpen pieces (they've lost Wilson and Chavez without replacing them)

trading for Calhoun, plus eating some of Zobrist's salary, accomplishes the exact opposite. 

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

their goal in trading Zobrist wouldn't be to get something significant in return (Calhoun is significant?).  it would be to shed payroll in order to acquire bullpen pieces (they've lost Wilson and Chavez without replacing them)

trading for Calhoun, plus eating some of Zobrist's salary, accomplishes the exact opposite. 

Ummm when did I ever mention trading Calhoun? I was just speaking generally about the Angels position if they tried to acquire Zobrist for some reason (and I really don't think they will at all but who knows).

14 minutes ago, ettin said:

Ummm when did I ever mention trading Calhoun? I was just speaking generally about the Angels position if they tried to acquire Zobrist for some reason (and I really don't think they will at all but who knows).

the entire Zobrist conversation began with this post: 

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do you guys think the Cubs would flip Zobrist for Calhoun?

--

Sahadev Sharma of The Athletic writes that the Cubs have "bandied about the idea of trading Ben Zobrist this offseason."

Zobrist is set to play an integral role for the Cubs again in 2019, particularly early on in the season while Addison Russell serves the remainder of his suspension. That said, the team has evidently considered trading him for bullpen help and payroll space. However, it does not appear at this point that any deal involving Zobrist is close. The veteran utility player will turn 38 in May and is slated for free agency after the upcoming season. He'll earn $12.5 million in 2019.

Source: The Athletic

17 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

To my knowledge, Cowart was the only 3rd baseman they drafted in the first round since they let Glaus go and obviously, their judgement there was also terrible.

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Cowart was a pitcher in high school they converted to infielder. 

confused eminem GIF