• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Meanwhile, in other significant hot stove news not related to Caddyshack, the Yankees just keep getting stronger. LeMahieu signs on for two years. 

Machado seems like a real longshot with the Yankees, at this point.

LeMahieu career away from Coors... .264/.311/.362 -- .673

Cozart career -- 251/.304/.407 --.711   Ohhhh but Cozart's numbers got inflated by his home park too...  Fine...
Cozart career away from Cinci..... .250/.302/.408 -- .710

The Yankees signed their version of Cozart for similar money.  On the plus side, their version still gets to play in a bandbox.

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

LeMahieu career away from Coors... .264/.311/.362 -- .673

Cozart career -- 251/.304/.407 --.711   Ohhhh but Cozart's numbers got inflated by his home park too...  Fine...
Cozart career away from Cinci..... .250/.302/.408 -- .710

The Yankees signed their version of Cozart for similar money.  On the plus side, their version still gets to play in a bandbox.

There are many ways to look at this signing. It certainly gives the Yankees an incredible amount of infield depth when you look at Voit, Bird, Andujar, Tulo, Torres, LeMahieu and Didi returning by mid season. They could have DJ play some 1b if Bird get injured (again) or Voit turns out to be a flash in the pan. Or they could move one of the younger players in this group in a trade for more starting pitching, possibly Kluber or Bauer. Indians are motivated to continue retooling now that they have lost Chisenhall, Brantley, Cody Allen, Andrew Miller, Yan Gomes, Encarnacion.

8 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

There are many ways to look at this signing. It certainly gives the Yankees an incredible amount of infield depth when you look at Voit, Bird, Andujar, Tulo, Torres, LeMahieu and Didi returning by mid season. They could have DJ play some 1b if Bird get injured (again) or Voit turns out to be a flash in the pan. Or they could move one of the younger players in this group in a trade for more starting pitching, possibly Kluber or Bauer. Indians are motivated to continue retooling now that they have lost Chisenhall, Brantley, Cody Allen, Andrew Miller, Yan Gomes, Encarnacion.

I could see them flipping Andujar and maybe a guy like Bird for Realmuto.  

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I could see them flipping Andujar and maybe a guy like Bird for Realmuto.  

They'll probably flip Gary Sanchez, Miguel Andujar, Greg Bird and Jonathan Loaisiga for Realmuto. 

If I'm the Marlins I take that deal.

14 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Meanwhile, in other significant hot stove news not related to Caddyshack, the Yankees just keep getting stronger. LeMahieu signs on for two years. 

Machado seems like a real longshot with the Yankees, at this point.

image.gif

White Sox Have Made Eight-Year Offer To Manny Machado

By Mark Polishuk |  at 

The White Sox have offered an eight-year contract to free agent infielder Manny Machado, ESPN.com’s Jeff Passan reports.  We heard last week that Chicago had formally put an offer on the table for Machado, as per USA Today’s Bob Nightengale, though it isn’t known if this eight-year pact is that same deal, or if the Sox have upped their offer.  That previous deal was “likely closer to $200 million than $300 million” in Nightengale’s words.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/01/white-sox-have-made-eight-year-offer-to-manny-machado.html

1 minute ago, Sean-Regan said:

So much for 400 mil+.

The real question: Will either Machado or Harper beat Stanton on years or total salary. Trout at 10yr 400mil is looking more and more likely. Hopefully with no opt outs.

I'm thinking Machado is around 225-240 right now based on reports.  

I bet Harper gets the 330 but there's gonna be some odd creative spin to.  

It's funny that the salary record matters to either of these guys when Trout is going to blow it out in short order.  

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm thinking Machado is around 225-240 right now based on reports.  

I bet Harper gets the 330 but there's gonna be some odd creative spin to.  

It's funny that the salary record matters to either of these guys when Trout is going to blow it out in short order.  

I wonder if Machado ends up slightly higher than that, personally. Harper, that’s probably pretty close.

These low estimates on the top guys makes me curious. So, hypothetically, what would be the most in years and total money you’d be willing to spend on Harper or Machado? 

I mean, let’s say Arte decided to make a splash after being annoyed he got outbid on all the FA’s this year. Where would you draw the line?