• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Pretty sure he’s going to have one as soon as Machado signs. They have reason to be patient right now. He didn’t last year.

And settling for 1/$18.25m five weeks before ST was much betting than Moose’s $6m re-upping as camp started. 

Grandal definitely should’ve taken it. He’ll be fine next season - but still won’t make 4/$60m. Like Moose, he probably gets something like 2/$18m or 3/$33m.

only if he falls off a literal cliff will he be looking at 9 or 10 million next year. he's going to end up with more money over 4 years than the 60 million he would have got from the mets. he'll just be incurring some injury risk on that money since it's not guaranteed past this year, at the moment.

6 minutes ago, ukyah said:

only if he falls off a literal cliff will he be looking at 9 or 10 million next year. he's going to end up with more money over 4 years than the 60 million he would have got from the mets. he'll just be incurring some injury risk on that money since it's not guaranteed past this year, at the moment.

He’s at the age where catchers do tend to fall off cliffs. Milwaukee, and that lineup, will be a great fit for him, but I’d be surprised if he gets 4/$60m next offseason. 3/$45m-50m maybe.

Jeff PassanVerified account @JeffPassan

Mookie Betts settled with the Boston Red Sox at $20 million, league source familiar with the agreement tells ESPN. A huge number that sets a new standard for 4+ players. His number next year, if he doesn’t work out an extension, could be gargantuan.

9:12 AM - 11 Jan 2019

18 minutes ago, NJHalo said:
Jeff PassanVerified account @JeffPassan
FollowFollow @JeffPassan
More

Mookie Betts settled with the Boston Red Sox at $20 million, league source familiar with the agreement tells ESPN. A huge number that sets a new standard for 4+ players. His number next year, if he doesn’t work out an extension, could be gargantuan.

9:12 AM - 11 Jan 2019

You have to figure that Betts could get pretty close to the money that Trout is going to be asking for. He's the only player that comes even in the same stratosphere as Trout in WAR the last few seasons.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Now I’m starting to believe the Yankees have moved on from Machado. 

Going to be interesting seeing how the Harper and Machado situations come to a conclusion. You'd think the White Sox are either not appealing to Manny or aren't offering enough money, or else they would have swayed him by now. Similarly, Harper. 

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Can't blame them if they have moved on .... Douche-ado, supposedly still wants Giancarlo Stanton money.

The problem with that is that even Stanton shouldnt have gotten Stanton money.  Its telling to me that the first season he got to the AL hes already a primary DH.  Damn good one dont get me wrong but man, thats a hefty price for a one dimensional player. 

Thought I guess the Yankees should still never be ruled out. They could always whip up a trade with Andujar or Sanchez still for Realmuto or another SP. 

Still would not be surprised if the Angels wind up touching base with Manny or Harper, more likely Manny. Not that it's my preference at this point, but if neither player is going to be overwhelmed or overpaid into going to Chicago or Philly, maybe a lesser or competitive deal from Anaheim is of mild interest. Front-load it with opt-outs, frame it like the JD Martinez deal.