• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

As a revenue-sharing recipient, the Brewers will forfeit their third-highest selection in next year’s draft as penalty for signing Grandal. That’s a fairly small price to pay for a win-now club that has successfully upgraded one of its most glaring deficiencies, though, especially when considering the fact that they already traded their Competitive Balance pick (No. 39 overall) to acquire Alex Claudio in a trade with the Rangers. Because of that deal, Milwaukee’s third-highest selection is their third-round pick — currently No. 104 overall in the draft.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Eppler is really being patient.    The majority part of me is fine with that.   The bored with "lack of offense from 3B" part of me is frustrated.

does patient mean not signing any more people this offseason? because it feels like that.

i like the 3 moves we made, i just didn't want them to be all we did. i don't see a significant amount of improvement other than hoping on health and effectiveness. 

12 hours ago, totdprods said:

This was a realization that he was better off going back on the market next year without a QO. After seeing what Moustakas went through last year, this makes all the sense in the world for Grandal. 

Moustakas still doesn't have a multi-year contract. Grandal may have made a very poor career decision turning down the Mets offer.

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Moustakas still doesn't have a multi-year contract. Grandal may have made a very poor career decision turning down the Mets offer.

Pretty sure he’s going to have one as soon as Machado signs. They have reason to be patient right now. He didn’t last year.

And settling for 1/$18.25m five weeks before ST was much betting than Moose’s $6m re-upping as camp started. 

Grandal definitely should’ve taken it. He’ll be fine next season - but still won’t make 4/$60m. Like Moose, he probably gets something like 2/$18m or 3/$33m.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Pretty sure he’s going to have one as soon as Machado signs. They have reason to be patient right now. He didn’t last year.

And settling for 1/$18.25m five weeks before ST was much betting than Moose’s $6m re-upping as camp started. 

Grandal definitely should’ve taken it. He’ll be fine next season - but still won’t make 4/$60m. Like Moose, he probably gets something like 2/$18m or 3/$33m.

They paid a premium to get him for one year, but he’s probably  looking at 3/45 minimum with another good year.