• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

41 minutes ago, Lou said:

MLB going back to 15-day DL to get rid of the bullpen shenanigans 

Good!... I thought that was stupid anyway, it was just a way every team could circumvent the roster and by giving pitchers extra rest and the stupid bullpen game starts... You shouldn't be rewarded for using bullpen game starts. That's for teams not looking to spend on another starter or bring up their kids to save service time $$$.... They use the Waiver wire like a revolving door.... Sound familiar?...

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

19 days to ST

Attention Harper, Machado, and Keuchel….MLB owners are no longer throwing away big money on inconsistent hitting, doucheness, or becoming a hits machine on the mound.

DEAL WITH IT!   SIGN WITH SOMEONE!  Got it?  Good!

He's baaaaaaack...

image.png.b5444af29a0a6b65bf86fd44658febfe.png

37 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

19 days to ST

Attention Harper, Machado, and Keuchel….MLB owners are no longer throwing away big money on inconsistent hitting, doucheness, or becoming a hits machine on the mound.

DEAL WITH IT!   SIGN WITH SOMEONE!  Got it?  Good!

Moving day should be in about 10 days.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I think the Nats are still in on Harper.  

the Phils are in on both

CWS in on Machado.  

There's likely another team in on Machado but my guess is the CWS are dangling way more money.

Boras is just waiting for someone to blink, and no one is going to.  

I think SD may be the mystery team - they have the money and are close to competing. My expectation at this point is Machado to the White Sox and Harper to the Phillies, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Pads drop in and grab one (or a Keuchel, for that matter).

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I have to believe Harper and Machado have all their offers... and they're just waiting for the other to leap first.  It's crazy that neither has signed yet. 

what i get from this lengthy delay is that neither one of them received the big number offers they were expecting (or that their agents convinced them they deserved).

at this point, i think they're trying to save face by making it seem like the offers are okay and it's just tough to decide where to sign.

Nick Castellanos has made a statement through his agent that he'd prefer to be dealt prior to ST.

"Fenech reports that the Tigers’ asking price for Castellanos has been one “top-level” prospect, adding that Detroit would need to feel it was receiving better value than a potential pick in the 2020 draft. That indicates that the organization considers Castellanos a potential qualifying offer candidate following the ’19 season."

I know his defense is atrocious and he'd only be controllable for one season, but if all it cost was one Top 10 prospect - someone who maybe doesn't sting quite so much as they'd be made somewhat redundant if we wind up retaining Castellanos such as Thaiss, Ward, or Rengifo -  and Calhoun or Cozart's salary to balance the money and open playing time would you do it?

They could offer a QO and likely get that prospect back in the form of a compensation pick. The question would be, do you put him in RF or 3B?

His 3-yr average of .285/.336/.495/.831 and 121 OPS+, while averaging 36 doubles and 22 HR per 140 games would really improve the team's offensive ceiling.