• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

I don’t know 120 seems a bit much Albert will be the hea.thiest he’s been in years. People love the platoon of Bour 40 bombs from 1st isn’t out if the real of possibility. With 45 home runs. A guarantee out of Ohtani. 40-50 for Trout baring injuries. Calhoun 30 Upton 30. It should be an outstanding year. Adell will come up and hit 15-25 to win the rookie of the year. 100 wins easily. Eppler done a fantastic job. 

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I hope the Astros get better. They are trying to keep up with the Angels in that regard. This will be a hotly contested division with all the young arms the Angels will throw at the Astros. Once Adell comes up in the second month of the season he will push Upton to first base and have 3 GG outfielders. While Upton is killing it at 1st. Should be an exciting year, hopefully the Angels sign Maldonado to help the pitching staff. 

obvious troll is obvious.

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Sarcasm off. Just being optimistic. I don't think this team has many holes. Adell and Canning are can't miss all stars. Rotation wise I think we are solid if everyone stays healthy. Bullpen is a crap shoot no sense spending money. Line up with Calhoun rebounding and Adell breaking out as a rookie of the year candidate with Ohtani DH'ing the whole year. This team might be unstoppable.  

Cocaine is a helluva drug

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

he didn't miss out.  the player chose the mets.  Ramos even said that the mets were his primary choice.  

we missed out on Corbin, Happ, Ramos, Eovaldi and maybe others.  Do we have to sign a similar players for equal or lesser money to make up the difference?  

I hadn't read that about Ramos. I will look on the bright side and say the Angels dodged a bullet because of his 2 ACL surgeries.

Eppler needs to sign or trade for players at least as good as they are yes.  I can't believe we have to talk about a big market team like the Angels that are not even close to the luxury tax as not being able to spend too much money when they have so many positions they need to fill and not being able to offer contracts that equal or exceed the competition. If Ramos took less money to play where he wanted to, good for him.  Most players are all about the money though. It's just frustrating that a big market team like the Angels that have gone to the playoffs once since 2009 and have the best player in baseball, the best defensive SS in baseball and a 2 way phenom can't figure out how to win all while refusing to spend the money it will take to take advantage of those 3.

21 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I hadn't read that about Ramos. I will look on the bright side and say the Angels dodged a bullet because of his 2 ACL surgeries.

Eppler needs to sign or trade for players at least as good as they are yes.  I can't believe we have to talk about a big market team like the Angels that are not even close to the luxury tax as not being able to spend too much money when they have so many positions they need to fill and not being able to offer contracts that equal or exceed the competition. If Ramos took less money to play where he wanted to, good for him.  Most players are all about the money though. It's just frustrating that a big market team like the Angels that have gone to the playoffs once since 2009 and have the best player in baseball, the best defensive SS in baseball and a 2 way phenom can't figure out how to win all while refusing to spend the money it will take to take advantage of those 3.

I would hope the answer is pretty obvious and is pretty much the same answer that any business owner would give.  He likes to make money.  

Why wouldn't he try to make as much as he possibly can?  

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I wonder how much more it would have taken to draw him west ?

Why?  I mean, the team has a way of putting a value on a player.  That value is based on performance, needs of the team and probably risk of injury and or decline.  Why throw millions more because he wants to be somewhere else?  If Eppler felt he was worth $22 million he would have offered that.  

Just now, Stradling said:

Why?  I mean, the team has a way of putting a value on a player.  That value is based on performance, needs of the team and probably risk of injury and or decline.  Why throw millions more because he wants to be somewhere else?  If Eppler felt he was worth $22 million he would have offered that.  

Yea, don't pay him more just to be somewhere he doesn't want to be.

Anyway, am I the only one that wants Maldonado back?  I know he doesn't have the bat but defensively he was so great, and he handled the staff really well too.

4 minutes ago, nate said:

Yea, don't pay him more just to be somewhere he doesn't want to be.

Anyway, am I the only one that wants Maldonado back?  I know he doesn't have the bat but defensively he was so great, and he handled the staff really well too.

Let’s say the obvious choices were to either sign Maldonado or trade for Cervelli, I would probably trade for Cervelli.  I don’t think the cost would be all that much as far as the prospect going the other way.  I do wonder what it would cost for Austin Hedges.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Let’s say the obvious choices were to either sign Maldonado or trade for Cervelli, I would probably trade for Cervelli.  I don’t think the cost would be all that much as far as the prospect going the other way.  I do wonder what it would cost for Austin Hedges.  

I would be ok with either.

They gotta get someone or Ausmus is going to be the first player manager in a couple decades.

Anyway, I don't mind Eppler's process, he obviously has a plan and is sticking to it.  Nothing good comes from overpaying for someone.