Sign in to follow this  
BackUpTheTruck

Internet Free Speech Thread

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/02/vietnam-criticised-for-totalitarian-law-banning-online-criticism-of-government

"The government’s new year gift to its citizens is intensified fear about what they can say online, and uncertainty about what issues and statements will trigger arrests and prosecution.”

"The government has asked Facebook and Google to open offices in Vietnam, and to agree to comply with the new censorship and user data rules.

This will happen here too if the SJW's take over.

18 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

As is per your repertoire, you and your nitwit source Gateway Pundit are hazy on the actual legal issues at play here (note the "update" section of the very page you posted...TEXTBOOK Gateway Pundit). 

This interesting.  YouTube blocking anti-vax channels from running advertisements.  The channels can still make content, they just can't make money from it anymore. 

Apparently companies complained that their ads were showing up on these channels. 

32 minutes ago, Rico said:

This interesting.  YouTube blocking anti-vax channels from running advertisements.  The channels can still make content, they just can't make money from it anymore. 

Apparently companies complained that their ads were showing up on these channels. 

Good. Let them enjoy their preventable diseases privately.

But wait! Here is a televangelist who says that if you have Jesus, you don't need a flu shot. Not surprisingly, she is an advisor to President Trump.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/texas-televangelist-says-dont-need-flu-shot-youve-got-jesus

North Texas televangelist Gloria Copeland, a member of President Donald Trump’s evangelical executive advisory board, told her followers last week that they didn’t need flu vaccinations because Jesus already “redeemed us from the curse of the flu.”

Good luck with that when older members of her congregation start dying because they weren't vaccinated.

In the past, she has also advised her congregation against vaccination against childhood diseases. Sixteen members of her congregation later contracted measles, despite being "protected" by the Lord.

You can't fix stupid, but it can advise the President of the United States.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

If something is clearly false and it presents a genuine health danger to the general public, I have no problem with its proponents losing their public forum to disseminate that kind of information.

Absolutely. This is especially the case when it's not really a public forum, like YouTube or Facebook. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

The sheer irony of this after them screaming about 1 man being barred from the white house press corp is staggering.  

Well the DNC and the RNC are private entities and the office of the presidency is not.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Not really internet.  But this can't be good.

Democrats bar Fox News from televising debates after reported Trump ties

Probably a response to this:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/827006/fox-news-may-have-given-trump-campaign-2016-debate-questions-advance

In before someone mentions Hillary.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

As opposed to the conservatives ? 

He’s just going to use it as an excuse to not debate.  Which I’m sure you guys think is fine. 

Neither side is innocent of it UTH, but at least most of the time they wait till th next administration to do the same shit they condemned.... this one didnt even take 6 months!
I do not think him skipping the debate over this is right, its shows cowardice, but how this can be defended after the faux outrage still fresh in memory is just beyond comprehension to me. 
I guess #fakenews isnt so fake after all as long as its just a different agenda. 

17 minutes ago, floplag said:

Neither side is innocent of it UTH, but at least most of the time they wait till th next administration to do the same shit they condemned.... this one didnt even take 6 months!
I do not think him skipping the debate over this is right, its shows cowardice, but how this can be defended after the faux outrage still fresh in memory is just beyond comprehension to me. 
I guess #fakenews isnt so fake after all as long as its just a different agenda. 

I genuinely have no idea what your point is, the democrats flip flop faster ? Ok.  

Clearly, the radical libs have given you no choice.  You’ll just have to vote for Trump.  The good news is, you can just ignore the 2020 cycle. 

29 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I genuinely have no idea what your point is, the democrats flip flop faster ? Ok.  

Clearly, the radical libs have given you no choice.  You’ll just have to vote for Trump.  The good news is, you can just ignore the 2020 cycle. 

I think his point is that its a stupid move by the Dems that isn't going to win them any points.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I think his point is that its a stupid move by the Dems that isn't going to win them any points.

With who ? The Fox News viewer ? Give me a break man.  

And it’s funny you guys are complaining about this. I seem to recall the RNC taking primary debates away from nbc and telemundo during the 2016 campaign.  This is all nonsense.  Who cares what channel carries whatever debate.  If they end up not playing nice with Fox News, anyone who is interested can surely figure out how to change the channel from Fox News.  Is that really that big of an issue for a regular person ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

With who ? The Fox News viewer ? Give me a break man.  

And it’s funny you guys are complaining about this. I seem to recall the RNC taking primary debates away from nbc and telemundo during the 2016 campaign.  This is all nonsense.  Who cares what channel carries whatever debate.  If they end up not playing nice with Fox News, anyone who is interested can surely figure out how to change the channel from Fox News.  Is that really that big of an issue for a regular person ?

No problem just more fuel for the fire.  

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

No problem just more fuel for the fire.  

Meh.  The fire is already raging.  The Democrats aren’t doing anything to fuel it or extinguish it by not doing a primary debate with Fox.  It doesnt matter.  Sure, that’s a nihilistic view.  It’s hard to not observe these things through that lens. 

The pontificating about it here on this “issue” is truely hallow. 

Edited by UndertheHalo