• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No thread about the angry republican pipe bomb mailer?

7 minutes ago, Geoff said:

So "lock her up" has nothing to do with terrorism.  Got it!

Did you read the thread ? MT asked me if I thought there were people who were happy about what has been happening.  

I mean it’s my opinion.  But I think videos like the one I posted sort of suggest that they aren’t too upset about it.  That was literally the day that the bomb story hit. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Did you read the thread ? MT asked me if I thought there were people who were happy about what has been happening.  

I mean it’s my opinion.  But I think videos like the one I posted sort of suggest that they aren’t too upset about it.  That was literally the day that the bomb story hit. 

I read it.  The question was specifically about domestic terrorism.  And those people were there to see and be part of a side show.  If Trump had said, "How about a shout out to the guy who's sending all those bombs to people who are attacking me," and the crowd went nuts, that would be one thing.  But that didn't happen.  They're at a Trump rally.  Chanting lock her up at a Trump rally is like singing Take Me Out To The Ballgame in the 7th inning of a baseball game.  People are always going to do it. 

Now, do I think there were probably some douchebags in the crowd that were happy about the bombs?  Without question.

8 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Also, considering that the video was from early last year, it seems pretty clear that this wasn't some switch that took place last month. 

There is a picture of his van taken more than a year ago showing the very pictures and slogans that are on it now - refuting Rush Limbaugh's contention that it had to be recently done because they weren't faded by the sun.

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I read the guy had a long-standing problem with his mom. It's not always politics that leads to insanity.

But yeah, the rhetoric flying around on all sides doesn't help. People are really on edge. My sister (very liberal) had to shut down her Christmas Eve party last year because two friends of hers came to blows over Trump. On Christmas Eve of all nights. She told me it was an ugly scene. She's tolerant of other viewpoints and just wanted to have a nice gathering of friends and family. Now she won't discuss politics at all with anyone. Her husband is conservative and they have a great marriage because they love and respect each other no matter the politics. But some of their friends are ready for a fight. None of those people are welcome any more at their house, and that's too bad.

Presidents come and go, but even bad presidents won't destroy this great country. 

I will agree that he needs to shut the hell up.

that's awful to hear about your sisters' friends.

we've reached a point where being angry about politics in public has become not only common, but aggressive and confrontational. it seemed to start around the clinton years, and then got progressively worse to what it is today. it's easy to blame it on the politics of whoever is president, but our ability as citizens to disagree has eroded miserably.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article220730960.html

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but it’s worth a read. As usual with the extreme fringes of either side (or any side really), it comes down to mental illness and some sort of unfulfilled quest for validation/importance. Reading through the article I was reminded of so many people that I’ve met (and I’m sure we’ve all met) that fit that kinda profile... Compulsive liar that just wants so badly to be accepted/revered for something. I’m not sure what it really means in a political sense at all, other than a need for a more robust mental health care system. In the end, it’s just deeply depressing/frustrating in my opinion.