• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Burbank (Bob Hope) Airport

NJHalo

This is a followup to my previous post about Long Beach Airport. My SIL is using Long Beach Airport to fly from Disneyland to Oahu, but now she asked me about flying from NYC to Burbank Airport. Jet Blue has a one way ticket from JFK to Burbank cheaper than to LAX or Long Beach. How does the ride from Burbank Airport to Disneyland compare to LAx to Disneyland? It will be on a Sunday, early afternoon. TIA

My sister goes to school in new york and that's the flight i take on the way home.  Good choice.  

Can't speak for LAX to disneyland but from burbank, if she makes it there in an hour she'd be lucky.  There's always traffic on the 5 on weekend afternoons, especially once you pass the 710.

burbank is always easier to get in and out (INO!) of but it gives a bit of a longer drive to anaheim. it's not significantly longer to get there on a sunday. she should be fine, and i'd recommend she go there. bonus points for flying jet blue - their customer service is terrific.

It's doable, and probably more enjoyable, although the drive to Anaheim will be longer.  Problem with flying into LAX if you don't know the area.  You could end up in the hood very easily.  You would shoot across the 105 carpool lane, and I'd recommend going south on the 605 and taking the 91, staying off the 5 as much as possible.  It shouldn't be much traffic at all, as the 105 has minimal off ramps, and usually moves well.  The only thing with LAX is I don't know of any place to really recommend on the way to Anaheim if you wanted to get a bite to eat after a long trip. 

At least with Burbank, you can find a bite to eat there.  Personally, I wouldn't take the 5, although more direct to get to Anaheim.  I'd tell them to go through Pasadena, stop there for something to eat.  Then head down the 210 to the 57 and shoot down that way.  Again, it's a much longer drive.  But the traffic on the 5 in the afternoon, even on a Sunday, could frustrate the start to what should be a great vacation.  

So it would be up to them.  If they want the direct fastest way to Anaheim, go LAX.  A more stop at a few places before getting to Anaheim, go to Burbank.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

It's doable, and probably more enjoyable, although the drive to Anaheim will be longer.  Problem with flying into LAX if you don't know the area.  You could end up in the hood very easily.  You would shoot across the 105 carpool lane, and I'd recommend going south on the 605 and taking the 91, staying off the 5 as much as possible.  It shouldn't be much traffic at all, as the 105 has minimal off ramps, and usually moves well.  The only thing with LAX is I don't know of any place to really recommend on the way to Anaheim if you wanted to get a bite to eat after a long trip. 

At least with Burbank, you can find a bite to eat there.  Personally, I wouldn't take the 5, although more direct to get to Anaheim.  I'd tell them to go through Pasadena, stop there for something to eat.  Then head down the 210 to the 57 and shoot down that way.  Again, it's a much longer drive.  But the traffic on the 5 in the afternoon, even on a Sunday, could frustrate the start to what should be a great vacation.  

So it would be up to them.  If they want the direct fastest way to Anaheim, go LAX.  A more stop at a few places before getting to Anaheim, go to Burbank.  

this is absolute truth.

134 -> 210 -> 57