• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ausmus's Coaching Staff

Hubs

@Dochalo,

It's sort of funny to me .... for most of the last 8 years we have been hearing fans here talk about the need for management to be more in tune with the times and forward thinking and yet many here are looking at the decision process in a very old school/traditional way.   Things have changed, people need to start paying attention to how the team is operating now.

Time for Angels fans to buy into their own rhetoric.

4 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

This is his chance to put together his own coaching staff, he’s not going to give full reigns to ausmus. These picks have eppler written all over them 

I wasn't suggesting that he would give full reigns to Ausmus, but I would think Eppler would want candidates that Ausmus also approved of since Ausmus would be working with that person daily.  Like all bosses Eppler can veto or strongly suggest a person, but I think the Angels get input from a lot of people in the organization on personnel and coaches, it isn't just up to one individual.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

@Dochalo,

It's sort of funny to me .... for most of the last 8 years we have been hearing fans here talk about the need for management to be more in tune with the times and forward thinking and yet many here are looking at the decision process in a very old school/traditional way.   Things have changed, people need to start paying attention to how the team is operating now.

Time for Angels fans to buy into their own rhetoric.

Fans are pretty fickle, they like complaining best.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 10:34 AM, Inside Pitch said:

Was a hyped up hitting prospect with the white Sox that never materialized as a major leaguer...   Those guys tend to make great coaches.   Whatever, it's new blood for a new 

Most of his career he spent in Seattle he was touted as a hitter. Though he never really put it together in the Majors.

Like any other coaching change the voice is good for 3-5 years on avg. before the players quit listening.

He did some nice things with the Brewers! Let's see what he does here. The true measure of the coach is more inner personal and being able to communicate with many different players, attitudes, and language barriers. And allowing your voice to be heard and understood by many. Probably, his best asset is that he was highly touted in the Minors but wasnt able to put it all together at the Big League level. So, there is a grind level understanding.... and constantly working on your craft while not letting it consume you. More of a levelheaded approach.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:24 AM, Lou said:

LOL Holy Crap! That's was excruciatingly painful to read. It was written like a middle school book report. My 12-year old nephew could have written a better article. I love the:" alludes to a Forbes article" part as proof that the Angels franchise is worth $2.5 Billion and are the 8th most valuable franchise in all of sports. (the "writer" actually states $1.75 Billion, btw)

I'm really looking forward to reading that site's latest article: 

"THE LA ANGELS HAVE STRUCK GOLD WITH KEVAN SMITH"

The LA Angels and Billy Eppler have benefitted greatly from making waiver claims to turn into studs for the team. Just a few years back Martin Maldonado was an offseason claim turned Gold Glove winner. And now, Eppler has struck again."

No, unlike Wonky, I'm not making that up, 

The writer likes players who have different spellings of common names, like Kevan/Kevin? 

13 hours ago, JAHV76 said:

So they have named pitching and hitting coach but we’re still waiting for bench, first base, third base and bullpen coaches? 

Plus a "life coach", a yoga guru (yogi?), a nutritionist (all those years of pasta had a negative impact), witch doctor (to ward off elbow problems), and...

I saw today that the rest of the coaches were let go. It was in an article about Radzinsky on fangraphs, buried somewhere.

I don't know if this means Ebel or just Radzinsky and Paul, etc. it was buried somewhere and mainly applied to Radzinsky. But it said coaches.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

I saw today that the rest of the coaches were let go. It was in an article about Radzinsky on fangraphs, buried somewhere.

I don't know if this means Ebel or just Radzinsky and Paul, etc. it was buried somewhere and mainly applied to Radzinsky. But it said coaches.

that article was posted here a while back.  Good read about our pen actually.