• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ausmus's Coaching Staff

Hubs

10 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I didnt just pull it out of my arse. Lemme see if I can find it again.

1.8 billion.  teams that have sold lately have gone for about 20% higher than the forbes eval though.  So he could probably get 2.2 or so, but that's not documented anywhere but in my head.  

I am not finding it again. I think I must have misread it somewhere. I did find reference that they are the eighth most valuable BASEBALL franchise, but that's not what I remember seeing. It surprised me, too.

I am astounded at the valuations of the NFL teams on Forbes' lists. Come on, even the Tennessee Titans are more valuable than the Angels?

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

1.8 billion.  teams that have sold lately have gone for about 20% higher than the forbes eval though.  So he could probably get 2.2 or so, but that's not documented anywhere but in my head.  

did you check what came out of his ass? I'm sure you'll locate it there. 

happy hunting

1 hour ago, Lou said:

you stated: " in ANY sport", so, yes, you did pull it out of your ass. 

again . 

Well, I did find it. And it was on an Angel site. From earlier this year. It refers to some Forbes article.

But I think I'll wait to post it, to give you a chance to disparage my gender, my age or my race. Your reply is just not up to snuff for you. Where's the hate you are so good at? 

Are you even capable of having an adult discussion? 

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

Well, I did find it. And it was on an Angel site. From earlier this year. It refers to some Forbes article.

But I think I'll wait to post it, to give you a chance to disparage my gender, my age or my race. Your reply is just not up to snuff for you. Where's the hate you are so good at? 

I, and everyone here, knew you were never going to leave. 

par for the course for the board martyrs. 

old white man who loves acting holier than thou is your schtick. where else would your bullshit be tolerated? if you were an Angels fan I could at least respect you, but since you aren't, you're just full of shit. 

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

it's probably the forbes article that says they're worth 1.8 bil.  

LOL Holy Crap! That's was excruciatingly painful to read. It was written like a middle school book report. My 12-year old nephew could have written a better article. I love the:" alludes to a Forbes article" part as proof that the Angels franchise is worth $2.5 Billion and are the 8th most valuable franchise in all of sports. (the "writer" actually states $1.75 Billion, btw)

I'm really looking forward to reading that site's latest article: 

"THE LA ANGELS HAVE STRUCK GOLD WITH KEVAN SMITH"

The LA Angels and Billy Eppler have benefitted greatly from making waiver claims to turn into studs for the team. Just a few years back Martin Maldonado was an offseason claim turned Gold Glove winner. And now, Eppler has struck again."

No, unlike Wonky, I'm not making that up, 

On 10/26/2018 at 9:12 AM, totdprods said:

Curious to see if either of those minor league coaches get the hitting coach job. Jeremy Reed I believe was one name, and I can’t recall the other, but he was mentioned a couple months back...Brandon something?

Jeremy Reed is the new hitting coach, according to Heyman.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Was a hyped up hitting prospect with the white Sox that never materialized as a major leaguer...   Those guys tend to make great coaches.   Whatever, it's new blood for a new era.

my thoughts exactly. Generally those are the kinds of players that make the best coaches just based on the fact that they had to do so much just to stay in the game. You learn a lot about yourself when you legitimately struggle like that. I'm pumped on the new staff so far (ausmus is a meh) but I like the direction Eppler is going. Very practical decisions so far.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:37 AM, Angelsfan1984 said:

my thoughts exactly. Generally those are the kinds of players that make the best coaches just based on the fact that they had to do so much just to stay in the game. You learn a lot about yourself when you legitimately struggle like that. I'm pumped on the new staff so far (ausmus is a meh) but I like the direction Eppler is going. Very practical decisions so far.

Why do you assume that Eppler is making all of these picks?  Ausmus has a big say in who his coaches are going to be, Eppler isn't just coming up with these guys and then putting them in place for Ausmus.  I never heard of a GM doing that.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:56 AM, WeatherWonk said:

No, it's a Halo Hangout article that alludes to a Forbes article. Written by a David Rice.

https://halohangout.com/2017/12/31/arte-moreno-15-years-ownership-los-angeles-angels/

Near the bottom.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:59 PM, Dochalo said:

it's probably the forbes article that says they're worth 1.8 bil.  

1 hour ago, tomsred said:

Why do you assume that Eppler is making all of these picks?  Ausmus has a big say in who his coaches are going to be, Eppler isn't just coming up with these guys and then putting them in place for Ausmus.  I never heard of a GM doing that.

This is his chance to put together his own coaching staff, he’s not going to give full reigns to ausmus. These picks have eppler written all over them 

People need to stop thinking about these decisions as if they are unilaterally made by one person or another.  It's ultimately Eppler who signs off on the deal but I am sure Ausmus had some input as did others like guys from the analytics department, professional scouting etc.   

The vision of what Billy wants for this team is clear to everyone he hires including Brad Ausmus or he wouldn't have hired him.  And if people think this is the Ausmus that managed the Tigers for three years, I think they are going to be pleasantly surprised he's not. 

We have talked about how little impact a major league coach or manager might have on the big club in that so much of what happens comes from the front office these days.  So, to me, where the rubber is going to meet the road on this is how the coaching staff 'sell' that information.  Read the Scott Radinsky article from fangraphs about what they were doing with the pen.  In essence, they are acting like second level translators in marketing this information to the players.  The first level is the analytics team filtering it to the coaches in a meaningful fashion.  In other words, they are making it field presentable.  Then that second level is from coach to player and if the coach doesn't believe in it or presents it in a lukewarm way, the player won't have confidence in it and they won't employ it appropriately.  

The techniques and analytics are important, but the presentation is just as paramount.  Billy is assembling his staff to do just that.  As a bridge between data and actual execution and a big part of that connection is instilling confidence that it's going to work.