• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ausmus's Coaching Staff

Hubs

I've seen assumptions that it will be mostly the same staff, and assumptions that it will be all new guys.

Current Angels Coaches (*via their website)

Brad Ausmus, Manager

Josh Paul, Bench Coach

Eric Hinske, Hitting Coach

Paul Sorrento, Assistant Hitting Coach

Charles Nagy, Pitching Coach

Alfredo Griffin, First Base Coach

Dino Ebel, Third Base Coach

Scott Radinsky, Bullpen Coach

Tom Gregorio, Bullpen Catcher

Anel De Los Santos, Bullpen Catcher

Steve Soliz, Catching & Information Coach

I assume that Ausmus will bring in a few of his own guys and a few of the guys from Scioscia's staff will stay, some in new roles.

I think that Vizquel and Joyner may both be brought in, as they both coached for Ausmus in Detroit for several seasons. I also don't remember Vizquel as a coach for the Angels, but he apparently was in 2013.

Ebel may be back, but he, Griffen, and Hinske may all be casualties of the new manager switch.

Just now, Blarg said:

No, he hasn't and I doubt he would be useful as a coach. But if he did choose to return to baseball I would think it would be with the Twins. 

Keep in mind his son plays in the Angels system.... I would think the opportunity to coach him would outweigh his love for the Twins. Plus Minneapolis is a shit hole.

6 hours ago, Hubs said:

I've seen assumptions that it will be mostly the same staff, and assumptions that it will be all new guys.

Current Angels Coaches (*via their website)

Brad Ausmus, Manager

Josh Paul, Bench Coach

Eric Hinske, Hitting Coach

Paul Sorrento, Assistant Hitting Coach

Charles Nagy, Pitching Coach

Alfredo Griffin, First Base Coach

Dino Ebel, Third Base Coach

Scott Radinsky, Bullpen Coach

Tom Gregorio, Bullpen Catcher

Anel De Los Santos, Bullpen Catcher

Steve Soliz, Catching & Information Coach

So many coaches. Why not add just one more. Strength and conditioning coach.

I like most of the guys listed above -- all current coaches -- some of them Scioscia's hand picked guys.

I like Ebel and Griffin especially -- that being said -- Ausmus ought to be given full authority to hire new guys across the board if he wants.

time to sweep the deck of the Titanic.

Vizquel coached for the Halos? Don't remember that at all.........he interviewed for the Halos' manager job and then bowed out nicely........

not sure if we can snare him as an infield fielding coach -- he would be great. Love to see him in Tempe on infield drills with our MIFs and prospects.

I think Eric Chavez remains at SLC managing AAA and boosting his managerial credentials.

Chavez does not have that much managerial game experience.

He would probably be better at AA (where the better players are) but AAA will do.

Not sure why - but  I think Ausmus is a three year interim guy until Chavez is ready........if Chavez can wait that long and if Ausmus just doesn't have great results/ success that provides him with a longer tenure..........I really don't see another 19 year run for a Halos manager.