• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

50/50 Split

Slegnaac

I was working in the Tampa Bay area last month and took in a Rays game with several of my co-workers.  The Rays were playing the Yanks, so it wasn't completely empty.  

What I found strange was the 50/50 split.  I have only seen this at minor league events.  Has anyone else seen this at a Major sporting event?

3 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

I was working in the Tampa Bay area last month and took in a Rays game with several of my co-workers.  The Rays were playing the Yanks, so it wasn't completely empty.  

What I found strange was the 50/50 split.  I have only seen this at minor league events.  Has anyone else seen this at a Major sporting event?

50/50 is good for a Yankee series -- they normally outnumber the Rays fans by a good margin.

I don't like to go to see the Yankees in Anaheim because their fans are so numerous and obnoxious.   It's a rare treat for SoCal Yanks fans when their team is in town, so they buy up the more expensive seats and they tend to stay later, especially if the Yanks are winning.  Sometimes it seems like a 50/50 crowd  (or worse) by the later innings.   

6 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

They do this at lots of major league ballparks.

3 hours ago, Rally Gorilla said:

I don't like to go to see the Yankees in Anaheim because their fans are so numerous and obnoxious.   It's a rare treat for SoCal Yanks fans when their team is in town, so they buy up the more expensive seats and they tend to stay later, especially if the Yanks are winning.  Sometimes it seems like a 50/50 crowd  (or worse) by the later innings.   

Since the wife is a Yankees fan, these make up most of the games that I go to in Anaheim. I have seen a couple of other teams, but the bulk of the games have been against the Yankees.