• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Headphones

cals

I think we may have discussed this a few years back, but here it is again.

I usually just use affordable, rubber, in-ear buds.  That’s usually fine but I’m considering upgrading.  I’m thinking about Bose noise canceling.  I’m thinking Bluetooth is better since I hate the headphone to lightning adapter issues with the iPhone.  But I don’t want to worry about having something else to charge.

I don’t want something bulky, I travel extremely light.

I don’t mind spending for quality.

I need your opinions. Preferably start with snarky responses and then legitimate opinins after you’ve all gotten that out of your systems.

When I first started in the industry and I needed a set of headphone for QC work but hated the heavy Sony and Panasonic industry headphones because they clamped hard over the ears and were hot and often pinched my earlobes. After my shift my ears were burning red.

I bought Sennheiser HD420 open aire headphones and they were perfect. They had a tremendous range and sat comfortably over the ears without pinching or causing sweating. The 414, the cheaper model sold about 10 million world-wide. Both came with adapters to plug into mixers or small radio Jack's.

sennheiser-hd-420-sl-70886.jpg

If you can find a good set on eBay seriously consider them. You can still get replacement foams for the earpieces and you will be pleasently surprised just how great a 40-50 year old headset sounds, in many ways much better than the bulky headsets you buy today.

I don't need industry quality headphones. I use a pair of over-the-ear phones that I bought from Cigars International for $10. They were originally a promo item for cigar company AVO, and I don't know who made them. They originally sold for $150. They serve my purpose nicely. They plug directly into my Android phone and Fire tablet.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

How do radio broadcasts of the 1-6 Raiders sound with them?

Haha. I still haven't recovered from the Mack trade. 

Just now, Blarg said:

Great if the batteries run down before the end of the first half. 

These headphones are wireless and they have  a 40-hour battery life. I would recommend them to anyone. They're terrific.

I have the Bose QuietComfort 35 II bluetooth over ear.  Best headphones I've ever had.  I have had the two previous versions of the Bose as well.  These ones are light, comfortable and sound great.  Not to mention they fold up pretty small in a flatish case that doesn't take too much space in a backpack.  They charge relatively quickly and the charge lasts plenty of time (I travel to China and never come close to running out of power on a round trip flight.  And that is running movies and music the entire flight and during layovers.  The noise cancelling is great.  Only time it gets wonky is during takeoff if you are close to the engines, it will static up a bit until they throttle back.

I can't do on-ear or buds for more than an hour without getting sore or headaches.

They are pricey, but worth it.  I've tried the Sennheisers and Sony noise cancellers and they don't hold a candle to the Bose.  I am not a Bose fanboy, all their sound cubes and crap don't do it for me, but they own the noise cancelling headphone market.  

I have trouble with ear buds, damn things keep popping out of my ears. I picked up some beats ear bud style on sale awhile back and they sound great...but not sure they sound any better than the anker bluetooth ones I bought for quarter of the price. Finally found an ear bud that fit and ordered a bunch of them on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721MP41Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was considering over the ear style, but I don't think I would wear them enough to justify them.

On 10/30/2018 at 3:05 PM, Biergott said:

I have the Bose QuietComfort 35 II bluetooth over ear.  Best headphones I've ever had.  I have had the two previous versions of the Bose as well.  These ones are light, comfortable and sound great.  Not to mention they fold up pretty small in a flatish case that doesn't take too much space in a backpack.  They charge relatively quickly and the charge lasts plenty of time (I travel to China and never come close to running out of power on a round trip flight.  And that is running movies and music the entire flight and during layovers.  The noise cancelling is great.  Only time it gets wonky is during takeoff if you are close to the engines, it will static up a bit until they throttle back.

I can't do on-ear or buds for more than an hour without getting sore or headaches.

They are pricey, but worth it.  I've tried the Sennheisers and Sony noise cancellers and they don't hold a candle to the Bose.  I am not a Bose fanboy, all their sound cubes and crap don't do it for me, but they own the noise cancelling headphone market.  

This is what I have as well, I like them a lot.