• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Rich, White Civil War

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/opinion/politics-race-white-tribalism.html?fbclid=IwAR3doBgWYit0FZhze04GcdaK8jW0Tolg8W4Tp9dBzFcIG_VyaJs20kITz2E

It won’t surprise you to learn that the most active groups are on the extremes — Progressive Activists on the left (8 percent of Americans) and Devoted Conservatives on the right (6 percent).

These two groups are the richest of all the groups. They are the whitest of the groups. Their members have among the highest education levels, and they report high levels of personal security.

Interesting article. It takes less than 10 minutes to read.

good article really, nothing earth shatteringly new, but good nonetheless. 
It should surprise noone that rich white guys are the power behind both extremes, traditionally that has been the power in this country so till they start dying off or being replaced, it is what it is.  Ive long wondered why the identity Dems didnt realize this, that the relaity is they are actually fighting for rich white guys disguised as tolerant and progressive, when they are far from it, but thats another discussion.   The faces in the media may not be white old and rich, but the money backing them damned sure is. 
The one thing that struck me was the assertion that the bulk of us in the middle have no narrative.  I dont think thats true.  His conclusion that the bulk of us think they need to do more talking and compromise IS that narrative, at least it is to me.

25 minutes ago, floplag said:

The one thing that struck me was the assertion that the bulk of us in the middle have no narrative.  I dont think thats true

Please find that narrative in the candidates that are running for office now. Report back when you find one of them that are pushing and extreme moderate position. 

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Please find that narrative in the candidates that are running for office now. Report back when you find one of them that are pushing and extreme moderate position. 

There is no one in the middle running now that im aware of.  Those who are from where i sit ARE pushing extremist platforms based on social agendas and not issues.   Can anyone actually tell what anyones platform is on real issues anymore?  I dont see it.  Aside from those issues that affect identity politics, nothing is actually being discussed.

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

And for the record the author is a racist saying this is entirely a white run tribalistic political country. 

I saw nothing racist there, if anything its in line with what the left is saying that all us evil white guys are the problem, how exactly is a white journalist basically saying the same thing racist?  I dont know his history, im not defending him, but when hes basically chipping  the same thing the leftist groups are saying, unless they too are racist, which is a valid argument but not one you are making, you cant label him accordingly. 

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

Doesn't it make sense that whites would make up a large percentage due to three being more of them?