• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cozart for Gray?

On 10/16/2018 at 9:33 AM, martinpa25 said:

I don’t get why people are so down on Cozart, you guys realize he was arguably the best hitter they had at the beginning of the season. 

He will be 33 years old next year. He hit 219 last year and he's coming off an injury that took him out the entire year. And the year he was going into his free agent year he had a career year. 

56 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I get what you are saying, but man was Trop bad last year coming back from TJ.  I know that is normal and a guy is usually better his second year removed from surgery.  He had a 5.5 ERA and he also gave up 16 home runs in 76 innings.  I simply don't trust him and think he is a prime candidate to non tender.  I obviously could be wrong and it is possible they see something there that didn't show up in the results.  

Fair enough, i just dont think they will trade anyone from the current list of projected SP in spring training.  Add to it, yes, subtract, id be surprised unless it was for an no brainer ace

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

Fair enough, i just dont think they will trade anyone from the current list of projected SP in spring training.  Add to it, yes, subtract, id be surprised unless it was for an no brainer ace

If we do sign a couple of arms or trade for a couple then we are going to have a 40 man roster crunch that will probably see a guy like Trop or Shoe non tendered or traded.  

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If we do sign a couple of arms or trade for a couple then we are going to have a 40 man roster crunch that will probably see a guy like Trop or Shoe non tendered or traded.  

Quite possibly, i somehow doubt that will break too many hearts though
Forgot to add... though with the names the Yanks are looking at its unlikely they will have any interest in someone we dont even value.

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Has anyone figured out why the Yankees need cozart yet?

Utility infielder. I proposed this trade last week in another thread. Cozart has 2 years @ $13 mil each year left . While Gray will probably get close to that for the upcoming in arbitration. The Yanks could throw in a minor league relief pitcher to help even out the money. I just think this deal could be good for both teams.

1 minute ago, greginpsca said:

Utility infielder. I proposed this trade last week in another thread. Cozart has 2 years @ $13 mil each year left . While Gray will probably get close to that for the upcoming in arbitration. The Yanks could throw in a minor league relief pitcher to help even out the money. I just think this deal could be good for both teams.

The Yankees could sign some dude in January/February for a utility infielder for much cheaper. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2018 at 3:17 PM, m0nkey said:

Has anyone figured out why the Yankees need cozart yet?

New York doesn't  need Cozart at all. Angels fans crave a deal for a potentially decent pitcher, so we magically cast a spell and the Yankees send him west and accept Cozart, who they probably neither want nor need. They won't wake up until April. At least that's the working theory of a dull winter meeting.