• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cozart for Gray?

2 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Why the Yankee's would make this trade

1. They need a SS

2. Away from Angels stadium, Cozart did hit .278, with a .344 OBP and .805 OPS

Us

1. We need Sp

2. Gray had a 3.17 ERA away from Yankee stadium

How do the salaries align?

Cozart was a huge flop both offensively and even defensively. It would be huge to get Gray for him, but I'd seriously doubt the yankees would do it.

I believe what we saw last year was the real Cozart, and it's best to trade him.  Cozart still has some value since he's only 2 years away from a very good year.  If Cozart has another bad year like last year, his value will plummet to Pujols territory and the angels will have a very expensive utility guy.

20 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Cozart was a huge flop both offensively and even defensively. It would be huge to get Gray for him, but I'd seriously doubt the yankees would do it.

I believe what we saw last year was the real Cozart, and it's best to trade him.  Cozart still has some value since he's only 2 years away from a very good year.  If Cozart has another bad year like last year, his value will plummet to Pujols territory and the angels will have a very expensive utility guy.

No one can plummet that far down because no one compares to Pujols' AAV, age, and negative production. 

Cozart may end up being a terrible contract, but Pujols terrible is a different level of terrible.

Cozart, when healthy, should provide at least a 1-2 WAR on defense alone

29 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

For as much as Cozart was a letdown this past year, I am in no hurry to get rid of him.

He fits so many different plans the Angels could pursue.

Im not a fan of the guy, neutral if anything. But Im willing to give the guy a pass on his lackluster start here.

Switched leagues, came to a tough park to hit in, etc. Maybe he does suck, i dont know. But im willing to give him more than 2 months to decide.

4 minutes ago, martinpa25 said:

I don’t get why people are so down on Cozart, you guys realize he was arguably the best hitter they had at the beginning of the season. 

They are spoiled, i call it Trout syndrome, anyone who doesnt play at that level, sucks.   anyone who slumps or doesnt put up the same stats month to month, is unreliable and streaky.  

7 hours ago, martinpa25 said:

I don’t get why people are so down on Cozart, you guys realize he was arguably the best hitter they had at the beginning of the season. 

No he wasnt. He was the best hitter they had in the first series of the season when he hit .368 with an 1.137 ops in a 4 game series against the A's.

From Apr 2 to Apr 29 he hit .198 avg with a .581 ops

In May he was a little better .235 avg .731 ops

June .140 avg .399 ops. 

If by beginning of the season - you mean first 4 games then you are correct lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 12:47 PM, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Why the Yankee's would make this trade

1. They need a SS

2. Away from Angels stadium, Cozart did hit .278, with a .344 OBP and .805 OPS

Us

1. We need Sp

2. Gray had a 3.17 ERA away from Yankee stadium

Time to revisit?

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Seems counter productive to trade a pitcher for a pitcher given our current lot. 

I get what you are saying, but man was Trop bad last year coming back from TJ.  I know that is normal and a guy is usually better his second year removed from surgery.  He had a 5.5 ERA and he also gave up 16 home runs in 76 innings.  I simply don't trust him and think he is a prime candidate to non tender.  I obviously could be wrong and it is possible they see something there that didn't show up in the results.