• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voter Suppression

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

https://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article220286260.html

Nothing suspicious about this at all.

Kansas is not the only state that has closed polling sites. Polling places across the country have also been shuttered since the U.S. Supreme Court in 2013 struck down parts of the Voting Rights Act. A 2016 research report from the civil rights coalition Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights found local officials had shuttered 868 polling places in the three years after the court’s ruling.

F'n Obama and his liberal majority in the Senate and Supreme Court.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

It's disgusting that people still have to go to polling places.  In our area of CO, we've been voting by mail for years. 

my daughter voted last night for the first time in her life. she's doing it by absentee ballot. easy as can be. don't know why this isn't encouraged more and more often throughout the country.

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Kansas is not the only state that has closed polling sites. Polling places across the country have also been shuttered since the U.S. Supreme Court in 2013 struck down parts of the Voting Rights Act. A 2016 research report from the civil rights coalition Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights found local officials had shuttered 868 polling places in the three years after the court’s ruling.

Well, since he never actually had a liberal majority on SCOTUS...

It was a 5-4 decision, with Kennedy (as always) the swing vote. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

What do Obama and the Senate have to do with a Supreme Court decision?

On 10/24/2018 at 1:22 PM, Tank said:

my daughter voted last night for the first time in her life. she's doing it by absentee ballot. easy as can be. don't know why this isn't encouraged more and more often throughout the country.

My wife has a disability that makes it difficult for her to see. There was an option on this year's mail-in ballot application that allowed for her to automatically receive a mail-in ballot for any upcoming election as long as she voted at least once in a five-year period. One thing that she didn't know is that our electronic voting machines have an adjustment for font size and background color which probably would have made it possible for her to use them.

I voted last Sunday. Early voting is one of the best things that they have ever come up with. I stood in line for more than three hours to vote in the 1984 presidential election. Last Sunday, I was in and out in less than ten minutes.

On 10/24/2018 at 2:31 PM, Blarg said:

There is a mushroom growing on your Trump Cut-out.  You may need to whack it off.