• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voter Suppression

25 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Did YOU read the first link?  OMG I thought it was an SNL skit for making up ridiculous reasons not to vote.  There was literally nothing that said there was an voter suppression.  Just a bunch of whining that had nothing to do with it being actually difficult to vote.

Not knowing who to vote for is voter suppression?

Not being sure your vote will matter is voter suppression?

Having to look up where to vote is voter suppression?

Being demotivated because politics is stressful is voter suppression?

Really????

Yes. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

If you don't understand why the middle two questions are an issue that's where the whole empathy thing comes into play.

I am fine getting clear here.  If someone doesn’t know where to vote, all they have to do is care enough to find out.

Is it even possible to lower the bar any more than that?

Again being very clear, I would have zero empathy for anyone who cant take on the minimal minimal minimal responsibility to simply look up where the polls are.  Zero.

Jesus Christ.

Edited by Dtwncbad

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am fine getting clear here.  If someone doesn’t know where to vote, all they have to do is care enough to find out.

Voting should be easy. A person should never have to work for it. It's their right as an American citizen. 

Not that difficult to understand. 

6 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Again being very clear, I would have zero empathy for anyone who cant take on the minimal minimal minimal responsibility to simply look up where the polls are.  Zero.

Jesus Christ.

Lol @ the minimal responsibility. You know many people don't have internet, right? Or a car. So they have to walk around and ask random people in hope that someone will know where they can execute their rights.

Jesus Christ, indeed.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Lol @ the minimal responsibility. You know many people don't have internet, right? Or a car. So they have to walk around and ask random people in hope that someone will know where they can execute their rights.

Jesus Christ, indeed.

All of that information is at city hall. If you are too stupid to understand that then you probably cannot fill out a ballot.

21 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Jesus Christ, indeed.

And some people have no idea when Election Day is.  Not everyone owns a calendar with these things printed on them.  The injustice is just omnipresent. 

22 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Jesus Christ, indeed.

By the way, I had no problem voting when I had no car and no internet.

37 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm assuming you don't live in an impoverished area.

Actually I absolutely did live in an impoverished area.  My rent was $135 a month if that gives you an idea.  We had physical intruders into the home probably monthly with crackheads stealing the toaster oven.

I had no trouble voting. 

So now I notice the next idea is I was probably white.  Can you please explain to anyone listening here how you think a white person in an impoverished neighborhood has an advantage over a minority in finding out where to vote.

Edited by Dtwncbad

16 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Actually I absolutely did live in an impoverished area.  My rent was $135 a month if that gives you an idea.  We had physical intruders into the home probably monthly with crackheads stealing the toaster oven.

I had no trouble voting. 

So now I notice the next idea is I was probably white.  Can you please explain to anyone listening here how you think a white person in an impoverished neighborhood has an advantage over a minority in finding out where to vote.

$135 a month rent? That sounds pretty awesome.

Also, how did you not have trouble voting? I somehow don't believe that. Unless you lived right next to a polling station I'm guessing it wasn't easy for you. 

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

$135 a month rent? That sounds pretty awesome.

Also, how did you not have trouble voting? I somehow don't believe that. Unless you lived right next to a polling station I'm guessing it wasn't easy for you. 

I wanted to vote so I voted.  What narratives are you buying into.  I walked to the polls with a couple of friends.  We walked everywhere.  We walked to the laundromat.  We walked to the grocery store.  We walked to school. I suppose you can tell me it was easier for some people to get their clothes washed or buy food or go to school, but so what?

Edited by Dtwncbad

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I wanted to vote so I voted.  What narratives are you buying into.  I walked to the polls with a couple of friends.  We walked everywhere.  We walked to the laundromat.  We walked to the grocery store.  We walked to school. I suppose you can tell me it was easier for some people to get their clothes washed or buy food or go to school, but so what?

That sounds easy as fuck.