• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voter Suppression

https://www.businessinsider.com/brian-kemp-voter-purge-georgia-stacy-abrams-2018-10

This is nuts. The guy running for governor, Kemp, happens to be the guy who has control over voter registration. That, in itself, seems like a conflict of interest. At the same time, there are 53,000 voter registrations listed as "pending," and 70 percent of those 53,000 people are African-American. Kemp's opponent is an African-American woman.

Edited by Taylor

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is one of the older plays in the GOP playbook.  Nothing new. 

I know that "both sides do it" is a legitimate comeback most of the time, but I'm wondering if there are any cases of voter suppression against people who would normally vote Republican.

It isnt even about the both sides do it line at this point, its that one side doesnt get held accountable for it.  
1500 Illegals get registered by the DMV in CA.. i notice no threads about it.  No outrage.  No concern.  Nothing... even though this is excatly what many predicted would happen and were told they were morons.  
The double standards are what kills my support for the left.  

36 minutes ago, floplag said:

It isnt even about the both sides do it line at this point, its that one side doesnt get held accountable for it.  
1500 Illegals get registered by the DMV in CA.. i notice no threads about it.  No outrage.  No concern.  Nothing... even though this is excatly what many predicted would happen and were told they were morons.  

I didn't know about that until now. I don't think that's OK, either.

These are two different problems, though. One involves the historical, systemic suppression of black voters, the other is giving the vote to people who shouldn't be able to vote. I highly doubt 1,500 illegals voting will turn the tide of any election in California.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I didn't know about that until now. I don't think that's OK, either.

These are two different problems, though. One involves the historical, systemic suppression of black voters, the other is giving the vote to people who shouldn't be able to vote. I highly doubt 1,500 illegals voting will turn the tide of any election in California.

But dont you think thats a problem, that you didnt know about it ?  The one sided media creates an abundance of awareness on one side and none when it doesnt fit thier agenda. 
Yes, historic systematic issues are a problem, but they arent racial, they are partisan.  Its easy to say they are or arent racial since everything seems to be of late but the reality here is that its about party, not race.   Voter suppression, false voting, are as old as elections themselves.  Chicago is notorious for it historically but that wasnt racial till someone decided it should be to rile the base.   Identity politics will be our downfall.   Election and partys dont give a rats ass what color you are.

4 hours ago, floplag said:

So I looked this up.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/1500-noncitizens-registered-vote-california-dmv-error/story?id=58377069

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/10/08/dmv-registers-1500-voters-by-mistake-including-non-citizens/

It was a clerical error that has been corrected.  All those people are in the country legally, they just aren't citizens.  

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

So I looked this up.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/1500-noncitizens-registered-vote-california-dmv-error/story?id=58377069

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/10/08/dmv-registers-1500-voters-by-mistake-including-non-citizens/

It was a clerical error that has been corrected.  All those people are in the country legally, they just aren't citizens.  

But it's still just as bad as voter suppression in Georgia!

56 minutes ago, Rico said:

So I looked this up.

Yeah, im sure thats all it was...
We believe what we want to believe i guess. 
Neither should happen is the bottom line to me, and both should have a measure of outrage, the reactions were disproportional. 

2 hours ago, floplag said:

Yeah, im sure thats all it was...
We believe what we want to believe i guess. 
Neither should happen is the bottom line to me, and both should have a measure of outrage, the reactions were disproportional. 

Yes, if illegal aliens were intentionally given the right to vote, that should amount to a level of outrage. But I fail to see how 1,500 illegals voting is the equivalent of 53,000 people who are unable to vote.

58 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Yes, if illegal aliens were intentionally given the right to vote, that should amount to a level of outrage. But I fail to see how 1,500 illegals voting is the equivalent of 53,000 people who are unable to vote.

i never said it was equivalent, i said both were wrong and one had no coverage whatsoever and is dismissed as a simple error so it fits the narrative. 

5 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Your hypocrisy is unbelievable.  They had cowboy hats, were 5 feet tall and travelled 10 per car!  I can’t believe you and the rest of the dumbocrats want to ignore this.

THINK!

It’s because obviously all libs care about is subverting white america.  It is deeply critical to my progressive agenda that there are no white Christian babies as soon as possible. 

Also it’s because I love Mexicans 

and Mooslim rag heads. 

Edited by UndertheHalo