• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hitting or Pitching

Torridd

24 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Hitting......

But, It depends on the quality of player you're looking at.  This team needs hitting more than it needs pitching depth, but if it's a top of the rotation type of starter, then I'd say pitching. 

Offensively, I have no confidence in our catchers, first baseman, second baseman, third baseman and right fielder, which is why I say hitting. 

I have to agree. I'd put our needs in this order

1) C- Definitely a huge hole.

2) 2B/3B - Desperately need a solid 3B. Like, I'd take Jedd Gyroko if the Cards would take some salary. Just kidding (*I'm Not Kidding).

3) #1/#2 Pitcher. We have like 6 #3/#4 options when everyone is healthy. A sure-fire, 220 -Inning, Sub-3.30-ERA starter would make this staff look much better than it does now.

4) RF - Only this low because there is some (not high) chance that Calhoun reverts to form.

5) 2B/3B - Again, a non-zero chance that Cozart is OK-to-Decent. Having him for a year playing good defense at 2B may not be the worst plan.

6) 1B - Should be higher, but Pujols is going to be around.

7) A "Closer"-- Really just one, sure-fire relief option. May be able to develop this within, or at least fake it.

If anyone needs me, I am going to making some calls to the Cardinals about Jedd Gyroko some players. I wonder if they will throw in Michael Wacha and Marcell Ozuna?

On 10/12/2018 at 8:24 AM, Stradling said:

Ok fair point.  Name a single offensive player that was average to above average that didn’t see DL time last year.  I will give you the list off the top of my head of offensive players that were on the DL at some point last year:

Albert, Kinsler, Fletcher, Simmons, Cozart, Upton, Trout and Kole.  

Yeah you made a good point as well. Guess I didn’t think about all the offense that hit the DL as well. I think losing Cozart was a bigger blow to the team than any of us has thought it would be.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:41 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t expect the Angels to add any position player to a major league deal unless he is....

1. A catcher 

2. Able to play multiple infield positions.

If that's true, do you think they would have enough offense?