• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Forget Shoeless Joe: We've got "Winless Joe"

`

Dude has now given up 86 hits in 50.1 innings!!!

Going into today, opposing hitters against Blanton:

1st PA .826 OPS

2nd PA .926

3rd PA 1.079!!!

Dude, you're not fooling any hitters, and the more they see you the more they go Ted Williams on your ass. They are not getting a bunch of bloop hits and balls just out of the reach of fielders. You suck and Arte would have gotten more bang for his buck by taking your $15 million by using it to wipe his ass.

So why is he having such a bad year? Guy has never been great, but this is bad even by his standards. His control is okay judging by his BB/9. Strikeouts are down a little as is his velocity, but not that much. In fact, what I notice is that his BABIP is .408 which is much higher than his career average. Maybe it is a lot of bad luck and he will be able to turn it around.

So why is he having such a bad year? Guy has never been great, but this is bad even by his standards. His control is okay judging by his BB/9. Strikeouts are down a little as is his velocity, but not that much. In fact, what I notice is that his BABIP is .408 which is much higher than his career average. Maybe it is a lot of bad luck and he will be able to turn it around.

Have you watched him pitch? Nothing that was hit was bad luck. He just sucks

Have you watched him pitch? Nothing that was hit was bad luck. He just sucks

Why does he suck now more than he did a year or two ago? That's the question I am trying to answer. An obvious stat is BABIP. I don't think .408 is sustainable and it will regress toward league average. When it does people will think Blanton is pitching better.

Why does he suck now more than he did a year or two ago? That's the question I am trying to answer. An obvious stat is BABIP. I don't think .408 is sustainable and it will regress toward league average. When it does people will think Blanton is pitching better.

He regressed? Moved to the AL from the NL? Got the Josh Hamilton/Vernon Wells syndrome? Who knows