• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

projected arbitration salaries

floplag

Not exactly a top top source but... i found it interesting

Angels (11)

• Matt Shoemaker – $4.3MM
  • Tyler Skaggs – $3.6MM
  • Blake Parker – $3.1MM
  • Andrew Heaney – $2.8MM
  • JC Ramirez – $1.9MM
  • Jose Alvarez – $1.7MM
  • Cam Bedrosian – $1.7MM
  • Nick Tropeano – $1.6MM
  • Hansel Robles – $1.4MM
  • Odrisamer Despaigne – $1.3MM
  • Jefry Marte – $1.1MM

@Jeff Fletcher is this about what you had in mind? 

A really fast math check says that we have about 125 M committed already, this is another 25.5 M which would bring us up to about 151M-ish?  This sounds like we might have a little more to spend if indeed these work out as projected :)  

39 minutes ago, floplag said:

Angels (11)

• Tyler Skaggs – $3.6MM
  • Blake Parker – $3.1MM
  • Andrew Heaney – $2.8MM
  • JC Ramirez – $1.9MM
  • Jose Alvarez – $1.7MM
  • Cam Bedrosian – $1.7MM
  • Nick Tropeano – $1.6MM
  • Hansel Robles – $1.4MM
  • Jefry Marte – $1.1MM

A really fast math check says that we have about 125 M committed already, this is another 25.5 M which would bring us up to about 151M-ish?  This sounds like we might have a little more to spend if indeed these work out as projected :)  

• Matt Shoemaker – $4.3MM - WORTH IT
  • Tyler Skaggs – $3.6MM - WORTH IT
  • Blake Parker – $3.1MM - WORTH IT
  • Andrew Heaney – $2.8MM - WORTH IT
  • JC Ramirez – $1.9MM - PROBABLY WORTH IT
  • Jose Alvarez – $1.7MM - WORTH IT
  • Cam Bedrosian – $1.7MM - MEH
  • Nick Tropeano – $1.6MM - OUT OF OPTIONS ISN'T HE?  PROBABLY LOSE HIM FOR NOTHING
  • Hansel Robles – $1.4MM - WORTH IT
  • Odrisamer Despaigne – $1.3MM - NOT WORTH IT
  • Jefry Marte – $1.1MM - NOT WORTH IT. 

4 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:
  • Nick Tropeano – $1.6MM - OUT OF OPTIONS ISN'T HE?  PROBABLY LOSE HIM FOR NOTHING

I'd take this list right now overall but yes i could do without the last 2 on the list as we likely have better options.   A couple of them feel low, but when you factor in injuries its probably not too far off.  
Thats a small bump for Shoe up from 4.125, but with time missed probably fair. 
Skaggs goes from 1.875 to 3.6
Parker from 1.8 to 3.1 feels a little high.
Heaney from 800K to 2.8
Ramirez stays the same
Alvarez up from 1.05 to 1.7
Cam up from 1.1
Tropeano up from 545 K
Robles up from 900K
cut the rest... :)

Overall thats a jump of less than 10M overall for that group.  

54 minutes ago, floplag said:

Angels (11)

• Tyler Skaggs – $3.6MM
  • Blake Parker – $3.1MM
  • Andrew Heaney – $2.8MM
  • JC Ramirez – $1.9MM
  • Jose Alvarez – $1.7MM
  • Cam Bedrosian – $1.7MM
  • Nick Tropeano – $1.6MM
  • Hansel Robles – $1.4MM
  • Jefry Marte – $1.1MM

My estimates were higher on most of the top guys. So if they're closer than me, then the Angels would have a little more money. Of course I also already factored in non-tendering Despaigne and Marte and I forgot Robles. If I add him at $1.4, I have them at $27.9M for 9 guys. They owe $116M for Pujols, Trout, Simmons, Calhoun, Cozart and Upton. Add another $20M for 0-3s, bonuses, etc., and that's $164M-ish. I figure their total payroll to be somewhere in the 195-200M range. 

So, I still think 30M is close enough for back of the envelope math for what they will be able to spend. Maybe a little more, but you're better off not getting your hopes up. They may also want to save some money for midseason additions.

Again, when I had a conversation with someone about a month ago, and I mentioned "$40M under the CBT threshold," I was laughed at and told to "forget the CBT." So then I looked at the actual payroll and came up with the $30M estimate I've been using. Maybe it's 35? But it's not 40.

Mike Trout is making $34M in 2019. If they can knock some off of that as part of an extension, it helps a lot. When Justin Upton renegotiated his deal a year, he went from a $22M salary in 2018 to $16M.

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Angels (11)

• Tyler Skaggs – $3.6MM
  • Blake Parker – $3.1MM
  • Andrew Heaney – $2.8MM
  • JC Ramirez – $1.9MM
  • Jose Alvarez – $1.7MM
  • Cam Bedrosian – $1.7MM
  • Nick Tropeano – $1.6MM
  • Hansel Robles – $1.4MM
  • Jefry Marte – $1.1MM

For the Primer I currently have these guys at the following (may be subject to change as I do a final review before publication):

Matt Shoemaker – $5.5M

Tyler Skaggs – $4.5MM

Blake Parker – $3.5MM

Andrew Heaney – $2.5MM

JC Ramirez – $2.0MM

Jose Alvarez – $1.85MM

Cam Bedrosian – $1.9MM

Nick Tropeano – $850K

Hansel Robles – $900K

Odrisamer Despaigne – Non-tender

Jefry Marte – According to B-Ref he still has one more year of pre-arbitration control in 2019?

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

My estimates were higher on most of the top guys. So if they're closer than me, then the Angels would have a little more money. Of course I also already factored in non-tendering Despaigne and Marte and I forgot Robles. If I add him at $1.4, I have them at $27.9M for 9 guys. They owe $116M for Pujols, Trout, Simmons, Calhoun, Cozart and Upton. Add another $20M for 0-3s, bonuses, etc., and that's $164M-ish. I figure their total payroll to be somewhere in the 195-200M range. 

So, I still think 30M is close enough for back of the envelope math for what they will be able to spend. Maybe a little more, but you're better off not getting your hopes up. They may also want to save some money for midseason additions.

Again, when I had a conversation with someone about a month ago, and I mentioned "$40M under the CBT threshold," I was laughed at and told to "forget the CBT." So then I looked at the actual payroll and came up with the $30M estimate I've been using. Maybe it's 35? But it's not 40.

Mike Trout is making $34M in 2019. If they can knock some off of that as part of an extension, it helps a lot. When Justin Upton renegotiated his deal a year, he went from a $22M salary in 2018 to $16M.

Jumping up to 195-200 would be a record for payroll right? 

And while I understand your source laughed and said forget about the luxury tax, the Angels for years have said the same thing while staying under it every year.  sO whether they say so or not, they've treated it as a pretty firm ceiling. 

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

Jumping up to 195-200 would be a record for payroll right? 

And while I understand your source laughed and said forget about the luxury tax, the Angels for years have said the same thing while staying under it every year.  sO whether they say so or not, they've treated it as a pretty firm ceiling. 

I think this year ended up around 195

As for the luxury tax, what he meant is the actual limit is lower than the luxury tax. 

For years their actual payroll was about the same, or lower, than the CBT payroll. Thanks to Trout and Pujols, it’s now over. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

4 hours ago, floplag said:

Angels (11)

• Tyler Skaggs – $3.6MM
  • Blake Parker – $3.1MM
  • Andrew Heaney – $2.8MM
  • JC Ramirez – $1.9MM
  • Jose Alvarez – $1.7MM
  • Cam Bedrosian – $1.7MM
  • Nick Tropeano – $1.6MM
  • Hansel Robles – $1.4MM
  • Jefry Marte – $1.1MM

I just realized you pulled these off of MLBTradeRumors.com which is pretty accurate overall. I actually use these if they are available for the Primer Series as the site has been consistently reliable on these over the years.

Angels (11)

• Tyler Skaggs – $3.6MM
  • Blake Parker – $3.1MM
  • Andrew Heaney – $2.8MM
  • JC Ramirez – $1.9MM
  • Jose Alvarez – $1.7MM
  • Cam Bedrosian – $1.7MM
  • Nick Tropeano – $1.6MM
  • Hansel Robles – $1.4MM
  • Jefry Marte – $1.1MM

Fixed.

Add that to the 116.

Bedrosian's declining velocity and Tropeano's lack of health, plus Ramirez's lack of availability until likely August 1, means I doubt that all three are brought back. Maybe one of them.

It's not a lot of money, but it is $5.5M total. I'd also consider Shoemaker in the non-tender possibility. They may try to work out a deal, in advance of the tender deadline.

4 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Dont not like the possibility of losing Trop.