• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Recipe Of The Day: Boiled Water

7 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Tried it. Recipe was easy to make but really lacked flavor.

I've heard wild caught sustainable sea water might be more flavorful. Anyone try this? It's more work. Is it worth it?

If you want to die, go ahead and try seawater. The salinity will shut down your circulatory system and lead to a coma. 

Stupid newbies. 

11 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I'm looking for something quick and easy, like a night when the kids have soccer practice, or I am just home by myself.

An espresso maker sans coffee should do the trick. May I suggest the Van der Weston Speedster? At $20K it is the premier espresso maker you can buy that the neighbors will think you spent twice that much. Mostly because they think you are pretentious douche but it'll be our little secret. 

2-13.jpg

I believe @mrwicked has three of these. One for work and two at home, one in the kitchen and the other on the deck overlooking the bay.

I think it's a cultural influence of water preparation and technique over the centuries as how to make the best boiled water. The French act like they invented boiled water and have those stupid Michelin Star ratings to prove their snobbery. But some of the best boiled water comes from family recipes handed down from generation to generation. Anthony Bourdain was about to do a full 2 hour special on the subject before he, well, left the industry. 

I’ve often pondered roughing it and boiling water over an open flame.  I feel that this might preserve a more gamey taste that is lost when traditionally boiling water on a stove.  Has anyone had experience with this ? Any thoughts to share ? 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’ve often pondered roughing it and boiling water over an open flame.  I feel that this might preserve a more gamey taste that is lost when traditionally boiling water on a stove.  Has anyone had experience with this ? Any thoughts to share ? 

Thanks in advance. 

What a bloody moron! Why would you take that kind of ridiculous risk?!?

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Thanks in advance. 

It's all covered in the Boy Scout Handbook. In fact you could have gotten the merit badge.

EC_Cooking_Patch_b_1024x1024.jpg?v=14325