• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What to do for two evenings in LA?

Two breweries I've been to, but not really in Pasadena.  Frogtown Breweries in Silver Lake area I think.  5/2 freeways.  Mt Lowe Brewery in Arcadia.  Both had a good selection of brews.  

Places to go.  Not sure if it's open at night, and I've never been but have wanted to go.  But Huntington Library usually has some interesting exhibits.  I guess same can be said about Norton Simon Museum.  And not sure if they do tours.  Or if it's only that one day a year.  But JPL would be a trip to go to.  If you are adventurous, and feel like a hike (about 1-2 hour hike).  San Gabriel Peak is nearby (up the 2 freeway).  It gives you spectacular views of the entire LA basin.  

1 hour ago, Lou said:

It's obvious some people didn't read the thread title.

" EVENINGS"

Everything  I posted had night time action. These are all takes from my son who lives in Pasadena. I've been to a few of the spots, his tastes are not the mainstream crowd on Colorado and Fair Oaks. 

45 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

You guys are awesome, thanks. 

Anyone know where I can get Pliny the Elder (or Younger?!) on tap? Other than San Rafael, of course.

According to my son Pliney rotates in and out depending on availability. His best recommendations is to check with

Lucky Baldwins

Pasadena or Sierra Madre pub

Glendale Tap

4227 San Fernando Rd, Glendale, CA 91204

Or you can hit up @Tank and he will make sure his pumpkin ale is chilled to 38 degrees for your drinking pleasure. 

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

You guys are awesome, thanks. 

Anyone know where I can get Pliny the Elder (or Younger?!) on tap? Other than San Rafael, of course.

Blue Palms Brewhouse on Hollywood Blvd. in between Argyle and Gower gets Pliny on rotation. Their website tells you what they have on tap in real time. 

http://www.bluepalmsbrewhouse.com/pages/beer.html

https://m.yelp.com/biz/blue-palms-brewhouse-los-angeles

For people watching downtown Pasadena isn't bad but other than the guy with the sign, Kick Me in the Head $5, most of the people are normal. Lots of money moves in and out of the downtown.

Hollywood on the other hand is a freak show. Between the burnouts sleeping on the streets, to the pan handlers you smell 10 feet away, the people trying way too hard to be hipsters and the occaisional Mohawk, it can be entertaining but maybe too much to try and do in one night.

Of course there is the 7th Veil which will flush your wallet with those Hollywood starlets trying to get their chance to play a stripper on some HBO series by stripping.

The Formosa Cafe was remodelled and reopened. It's a throwback to the 1930's bar/restaurants. There is also El Coyote, another iconic little dump on the outskirts of the strip. 

You could walk the walk of tourism but you won't have a chance to spit on Trump's star, it got jacked up by some libtard and they haven't replaced it yet. There is Musso Frank's on Hollywood Blvd that opened around 1918 and the bar is still it's original splendor. Grahmans Cinese theatre is about two blocks away and you can get your picture taken between Wonder Woman (yes, you do wonder if that's a woman) and Sponge Bob while Batman gets his ass kicked by some drunk Cholos from Pacoima. 

Head West on Santa Monica Blvd and you enter the high rent gay section of West Hollywood. In the past it was littered with trans streetwalkers but those have been cleared out or forced to dark side streets. Don't go down any sidestreets. But if you keep going you step into the 60's birth of the California rock sound where Jackson Browne and the Eagles got their start at The Troubador. 

On second thought just stay in Pasadena. Less traffic and you can drink yourself silly and get back to the hotel still wearing pants with your walket intact.

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

In LA thats not counterculture. 

How adventurous are you?

TORS be careful with John Boy. He's fresh off a divorce and liable to do something really stupid thinking he's in West LA when he's actually in East LA. You really don't want to responsible for him ending up hungover with a fresh eagle and snake tattoo and a 19 year old wife with three kids.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Two breweries I've been to, but not really in Pasadena.  Frogtown Breweries in Silver Lake area I think.  

Heres some nerd slash cop from the ghetto info.

Frogtown is by far and away one of the oldest varrios in LA. 

When you hear really cheesy names, that dont sound scary at all, its usually because the gang goes back decades, to when slang was totally different.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

TORS be careful with John Boy. He's fresh off a divorce and liable to do something really stupid thinking he's in West LA when he's actually in East LA. You really don't want to responsible for him ending up hungover with a fresh eagle and snake tattoo and a 19 year old wife with three kids.

Between this and @Lou quoting the end of la bamba, the part where the old man puts the dead snake in the tent just popped into my head.

If i quote stand and deliver, am i too far off topic?

AJ is gonna learn cal-cool-lis!