• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Thread: Angels Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

totdprods

On 10/1/2018 at 3:27 PM, tomsred said:

I have reservations about Chavez as a manager.  He has so little managing experience at any level that it would be a rather big leap of faith to put him in the role.  Ausmus is much more highly qualified in my mind.  Of the guys who have experience coaching in this organization I like Roenicke the best.  I don't consider him to be a Scioscia type at all.  The biggest problem is Boston may not want to give him up at all as their bench coach.  He has major league experience with Milwaukee as a manager, and also is a perfect compliment to Cora. I would insist he clear the deck of the current coaches though, and add a completely new staff. 

Chavez as a first base coach or bench coach under someone more experienced at managing might be a fine idea.

With Baltimore and Texas also currently looking to fill manager roles at a minimum, it will be interesting to see who fits in with what teams.

How much experience did Aaron Boone have as a manager while being a TV analyst for ESPN?

6 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Interesting. Anyone know anything about Espada?

Coached for the Yanks org for awhile I believe, and often mentioned as a candidate in recent years sort of in the same way Dave Martinez was for awhile. I think I named him in the first post. 

He has the history with Eppler, and is coming from a great rival org. I think he's a legit candidate, probably one of the few that are external.

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

How much experience did Aaron Boone have as a manager while being a TV analyst for ESPN?

Not much if any that I can tell.  My only point is that at least you know how a person handles the role if you take someone with managing experience.  The other route could blow up in your face if there are hidden flaws.  I'm sure the interviews that Eppler conducts with deal deeply enough to hopefully expose any weaknesses.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:39 PM, ukyah said:

i'm going to say the next manager comes from outside the organization.

i'm going with joe espada, the astros bench coach. he's strong in analytics and he's coming from a premier franchise in eppler's stated mold.

my darkhorse is carlos beltran.

2 hours ago, krAbs said:

Interesting. Anyone know anything about Espada?

nice. what do i win if i'm right? a full time job at the oc register?

On October 1, 2018 at 5:23 PM, Lou said:

Who here have watched Erstad manage any games?

On October 1, 2018 at 6:06 PM, Troll Daddy said:

Erstad was on the short list to become the new Dodger manager until he decided to withdraw his name. 

thank you for that completely useless information. 

now, can anyone answer the question?

12 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ironically, remember when some on here turned against torii, around 2010ish? How he wasnt a leader, and sick of him always being upbeat when texas was ahead in the standings?

I mostly liked his comments about latin american baseball players.