• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question regarding Pujols

Glen

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

So for the 4th (?) time I was never arguing that deferring would help the lux tax.

Fletcher said the word is that real dollars out, actual annual payroll amounts paid out, were what Arte more cared about.

So making a deal with deferred money would provide salary relief in real dollars.

I see no sign of Pujols agreeing to getting out of the way so it probably doesn't matter.

Correct.

</thread>

9 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Nothing changes unless Albert decides he no longer wants to play.  Just a guess, but I think he's chasing 700, and doesn't care what it does to his lifetime BA.

I used to think to that, but I've come to believe the opposite. I think having a career .300 average is important to him. Is it important enough for him to give up $x million? That I don't know.

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Quotefancy-690645-3840x2160.jpg

He needs 18 RBI to reach 2000. He would then have 600+ HRs, 3000+ hits, and 2000 RBIs while still maintaining his .300+ BA. Mickey Mantle once said one of his biggest regrets was dropping his BA below .300.

I dont think albert cares about that anymore. That said, i was hoping like hell hed get to 2K rbi this year...that's one of the magic numbers for him, i think.

Unfortunately, he probably still thinks he can pass a few guys on the hr list...which he may...but its gonna be ugly