• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do not bring in Josh Donaldson

UndertheHalo

From what I was told a little less than a year ago, before Ward broke out, that Cozart moving to second base was the plan all along. Him moving to 3B had actually dry little to do with him and was more about the fact that Kinsler was a better defender and would cost significantly less to play 2B than whoever it was they had planned on pursuing at 3B. I'm feeling like that was Moustakas but never confirmed that.

So Cozart is moving to 2B where he was extremely impressive defensively.

Fletcher is a utility player and he's part of the plan moving forward. They don't have any concrete plans yet, but he may have played his last minor league game already. It sounds like they'll open the season with Fletcher in direct competition with Cozart to start at 2B, with the loser taking the utility spot.

So whoever they're looking at for third base, they feel this player will be an every day player. Now I've talked to some that think Ward has done enough in the minors that he's earned his spot in the lineup. This person just happens to be connected with the Angels so his opinion carries more weight, but others also feel like he's been rough in making adjustments and could use more time, particularly on defense in the minors.

Using my own logic and opinion,, I'm feeling like they're going to pursue a one year option at 3B. 

Call me crazy, but I think the Angels are going to trade for Anthony Rendon.

8 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

From what I was told a little less than a year ago, before Ward broke out, that Cozart moving to second base was the plan all along. Him moving to 3B had actually dry little to do with him and was more about the fact that Kinsler was a better defender and would cost significantly less to play 2B than whoever it was they had planned on pursuing at 3B. I'm feeling like that was Moustakas but never confirmed that.

So Cozart is moving to 2B where he was extremely impressive defensively.

Fletcher is a utility player and he's part of the plan moving forward. They don't have any concrete plans yet, but he may have played his last minor league game already. It sounds like they'll open the season with Fletcher in direct competition with Cozart to start at 2B, with the loser taking the utility spot.

So whoever they're looking at for third base, they feel this player will be an every day player. Now I've talked to some that think Ward has done enough in the minors that he's earned his spot in the lineup. This person just happens to be connected with the Angels so his opinion carries more weight, but others also feel like he's been rough in making adjustments and could use more time, particularly on defense in the minors.

Using my own logic and opinion,, I'm feeling like they're going to pursue a one year option at 3B. 

Call me crazy, but I think the Angels are going to trade for Anthony Rendon.

Even 1 year of Renden would be nice but at what cost?  What kind of deal gets you Renden without compromising your future?

14 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

The good news is when Arte signs Donaldson for $200M we won't have to worry about Scioscia batting him 3rd all season long. A Trout, Donaldson, Pujols, Upton MOTO with Ohtani sitting would be horrible.

so now that Scioscia isn't coming back, is this what we're going to have to deal with?  Some made up thing MS 'would have done' even though he most certainly wouldn't have?

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

so now that Scioscia isn't coming back, is this what we're going to have to deal with?  Some made up thing MS 'would have done' even though he most certainly wouldn't have?

Yes we have to deal with bad opinions followed by bad opinions.  You can take the Scioscia out of the organization but you can’t take the retard out of AngelsWin.  I think that is how the old saying goes.  

33 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

The good news is when Arte signs Donaldson for $200M we won't have to worry about Scioscia batting him 3rd all season long. A Trout, Donaldson, Pujols, Upton MOTO with Ohtani sitting would be horrible.

It is about as horrible as you wasting brain space thinking Arte would give him $200 million.  You aren’t this stupid, you aren’t this disengaged with reality as it relates to baseball.  You are just this much of a troll to say really stupid shit so guys like me will tell you how stupid you can be.  Go back to the hangout forum so we can all make fun of you over there.  

• 6 months later...