• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do not bring in Josh Donaldson

UndertheHalo

Josh Donaldson makes the Angels older.  We all know how it’s gone with the Angels and aging stars.  Josh Donaldson is not going to make the Angels a World Series contender.  He doesn’t even make the Angels a contender to win the AL West.  Donaldson also has serious durability issues around his health.  We do not need this shit. 

Taylor Ward might be a part of the next great Angels team.  The worst thing the Angels could do is derail the development of a young player and sacrifice limited resources in pursuit of marginal improvement in the standings next year. Commit to a youth movement and bring in players that will be part of long term success.  I think that Taylor Ward has shown enough to warrant looking at other areas to improve the team.  C, SP, 2B, holy shit FIRST BASE.  We need to not block our young players.  Let’s let Ward have a real shot at being the Angels everyday 3B.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Josh Donaldson makes the Angels older.  We all know how it’s gone with the Angels and aging stars.  Josh Donaldson is not going to make the Angels a World Series contender.  He doesn’t even make the Angels a contender to win the AL West.  Donaldson also has serious durability issues around his health.  We do not need this shit. 

Taylor Ward might be a part of the next great Angels team.  The worst thing the Angels could do is derail the development of a young player and sacrifice limited resources in pursuit of marginal improvement in the standings next year. Commit to a youth movement and bring in players that will be part of long term success.  I think that Taylor Ward has shown enough to warrant looking at other areas to improve the team.  C, SP, 2B, holy shit FIRST BASE.  We need to not block our young players.  Let’s let Ward have a real shot at being the Angels everyday 3B.  

C401CA97-7B80-4D56-9439-D5019667C081.jpeg

2 hours ago, Kody Mac said:

Donaldson has a .920 OPS with the Indians this year, correct me if I'm wrong but that would be 2nd best on the Angels? (Blah blah small sample size blah blah)

If the Angels sign him, he'll hit .190 with a .650 OPS through May.

If the A's or Red Sox sign him, he'll be Mike Trout lite.

Donaldson will easily get a 3 year deal. His injury history scares me though, not so much his age. Remember, Donaldson didn't get his first full year in the majors until like 26 or something.

I just don't know if he's worth the money when we can use Cozart as a stop gap while Ward seasons up. I think I've seen enough from Ward this year to feel good about him being the future at 3rd. I REALLY like Fletcher, but if Rengifo takes the job and runs with it, so be it. Fletcher just has that IT factor like Pedroia, it's something you just can't teach.

We signed a guy to play third THIS YEAR who turned 33 THIS YEAR for three years and 38 million. And his career numbers are far worse than Donaldson's.

That said, BECAUSE we signed a guy that expensive and because Fletcher has shown he can hit and field at the big league level, I think we will look to upgrade elsewhere.

Too bad, because Donaldson still has more in the tank. And Ward needs AT LEAST another year playing third base in the minors.