• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who do you NOT want as the next manager?

Glen

15 hours ago, eligrba said:

So, you prefer to have the new manager implode the clubhouse because. .....

I want the new manager to figure out how he fits into an existing team structure.  This is Albert and Mike's team. The new manager is there to take care of the day to day baseball stuff, not to make a statement. 

ANAHEIM — A day after Mike Scioscia’s 19-year tenure as the Angels manager officially ended, Billy Eppler drew a picture of the type of manager he’d like to hire.

Developing a rapport with players and comfort with analytics seem to be at the top of the list.

“What we’re looking for in that next manager is connectivity with the players,” the Angels general manager said. “We’re are looking at somebody who can think with a probability-based mindset. We are looking for someone who is eager to grow. Someone who can develop a culture that puts the welfare of the team ahead of any singular person. Those are the criteria.”

On 10/1/2018 at 12:26 AM, Scioscia4MVP said:

What about GA ? He'd go up to umpires with lazy look & ask them politely to call better strikes followed by the umpires being like wtf & they are like wow no ones ever been nice to us before & they start giving angels favorable calls.

If he approached the game with the same kind of intensity he approaches surprise interactions at Roger Dunn, he'd be a formidable manager.

23 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

ANAHEIM — A day after Mike Scioscia’s 19-year tenure as the Angels manager officially ended, Billy Eppler drew a picture of the type of manager he’d like to hire.

Developing a rapport with players and comfort with analytics seem to be at the top of the list.

“What we’re looking for in that next manager is connectivity with the players,” the Angels general manager said. “We’re are looking at somebody who can think with a probability-based mindset. We are looking for someone who is eager to grow. Someone who can develop a culture that puts the welfare of the team ahead of any singular person. Those are the criteria.”

alright, alright, i'll give him a call. sheesh.

12 hours ago, mancini79 said:

Byrnes just did a 3k mile triathlon for his charity. Apparently we need more douchey people in this world. 

https://www.letthemplayfoundation.org/about/

I agree, I like Eric Byrnes. Seems like a good guy no matter how high his IQ may or may not be. More hyperactive than a douche imo. I’ve never heard him say a bad thing about the Angels either.