• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Scioscia steps down as Angels manager

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Re: Who's decision it was. I imagine it was something like this.

Eppler (sometime in July-August): Hey Mike, it's been a great run. Thanks for everything. But I think we're probably not going to be offering you an extension after the season. What would you like to do?

Scioscia: Let me get back to you.

Scioscia (in September): OK, I think you're right. Stepping down is the best thing for me and the organization.

Eppler: Cool.

Also, I now feel like Brad Ausmus is the favorite. I could be totally wrong, but that is what I feel at 9:23 pm on Sept. 30. Also, I believe that Eppler is going open-minded into interviews, so anyone who is the favorite today may not get the job.

And before you all crap on Ausmus because of what happened with the Tigers, remember what people thought of AJ Hinch after the DBacks. He stepped back, worked in the front office, and turned from a caterpillar into a butterfly.

Anyway, I'll probably change my mind. Personally I'd like it be Chavez, because I know him the best.

He inherited an aging Detroit team with a GM on his way out. The Tigers are now going through a complete rebuild that is going to take some time. I'm totally fine with BA, and think he would be a solid choice. I agree that the 4 seasons in Detroit were a great learning experience for him. He got a good taste of what the job is all about.

As usual..thanks for the insight.

I agree with Fletcher, i hope its Chavez. Him being a former rival on the As like how Scioscia was with the crosstown Dodgers has a nice spin.

Chavez probably had to start thinking about his future in the game after all his numerous trips to the DL during his playing days.

He may be the right kind of manager who can help Ohtani open up to playing in the field in the future with talking about his own experiences as a player being often

Watching that press conference was hard for me.  It feels like a "loss" - not on the scale of losing a loved one, but a loss never-the-less. As a life-long Angels fan I have so much respect and admiration for what he did here.  It's going to take some time for me to move on from this.

2 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

We need a tally of how many times over the next season or two people say they wish we had Scioscia back.

With *this* group?

They will have a month of mourning.  Then you'll never hear the end of how Sosh would have done it better.

2 hours ago, Biergott said:

I just hope that if he manages somewhere else that it isn't within our division.  That rumor I read in some thread on this board about him managing in Texas would be a gutpunch if it came true.

if it were to happen, I just may secretly wish for us to get swept. imagine the shitstorm this place would endure. I would have to reschedule everything I had planned just so that I don't miss a single post. 

36 minutes ago, Biergott said:

I just hope that if he manages somewhere else that it isn't within our division.  That rumor I read in some thread on this board about him managing in Texas would be a gutpunch if it came true.

That could happen, they are getting a new stadium, and a new start overall.  Might take them a few years to get back into contention, but I wouldn't under-estimate this occurring.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

if it were to happen, I just may secretly wish for us to get swept. imagine the shitstorm this place would endure. I would have to reschedule everything I hap planned just so that I don't miss a single post. 

And to make it even better, the Rangers re-sign Napoli and he hits three HR against us.

14 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Yeah, that Simmons trade was a real stinker wasn't it?

You f*cking muppet.

Lol @ muppet

Kind of suprising there wasnt some kind of thing done for sosh pre game. I assume that was his choice. But you figure as long as hes been with the org, he would have had some kind of video played on the scoreboard or something.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Lol @ muppet

Kind of suprising there wasnt some kind of thing done for sosh pre game. I assume that was his choice. But you figure as long as hes been with the org, he would have had some kind of video played on the scoreboard or something.

I read that there were videos played thought the game on Saturday. 

17 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:
17 hours ago, nate said:

Five years too late.

Thankful for what he did for the Angels franchise last decade.  Thankful that the Angels can finally move on.

If we would have just skipped the Dipoto model and moved directly to Eppler we would likely be miles ahead of where we are now.  That's what cost us the five years, not Scioscia.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

Through it all, it seems like Arte Moreno gets a free pass from fans.  He's ultimately responsible for what this franchise has or hasn't accomplished since he bought the team.

I guess that is true but I always believed Gene Autry tried his best to bring the Angels a championship.  It just never worked.