• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Scioscia Appreciation Thread

I was at the point of not caring if he stayed or not.  I have been a fan of the team a long time.  25 years without Sosh and 19 years with him.  Those first 25 sucked ass, three times in all those years they gave us hope.  Every other year was crap.  I will take these last 19 years easily.  Watching that press conference reminded me how he helped turn this team into a class organization.  

Maybe the next guy will be good but there is a better chance he won't be.

I didn't always agree with his decisions, especially when he stuck with veterans who weren't hitting. That said, he brought stability and instant credibility to a franchise that had little of either before his arrival. He was here for the club's only World Series title. There wasn't a manager in the game who was better at gradually reintroducing players into the lineup after they had been on the DL. I have seen multiple discussions here about the lack of talent on the field and in the farm system, yet there are still those who want to put the end result all on the manager.

I will miss Mike Scioscia, even if he aggravated me at times. He was a calming influence, regardless of how things were going on the field. He never attacked his players or blamed them for anything that went wrong. Sure, his interviews had a lot of cliches, but that was part of deflecting criticism away from his players so that they could concentrate on their daily jobs. I have no doubt that he will one day take his place in Cooperstown - and I was here for the whole thing.

44 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Those first 25 sucked ass, three times in all those years they gave us hope.  Every other year was crap.  I will take these last 19 years easily.  

I can't simplify it quite that much.  There are so many other factors. 

The only manager my boys have ever known.  He was so great with the fans, always taking the time to actually talk to kids vs just giving high fives.  Genuine conversations, even if brief, were really meaningful on Season Seat Holder photo day, spring training, or other functions. Very humble person and someone who made two lifelong Angels fans  (wish I could find the images from further back...)

066BFC5B-C293-422F-B862-BB8E497D65F2.jpeg

E116B811-5FE9-45B2-9140-5FC1076F5E7E.jpeg

49822EAB-C3B5-4A6A-B984-88518F5D61F0.jpeg

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

You know who needs change? You and your shitty diaper you slobbering, howling assbirth. 

You know what I'm happy is coming? Karma to shove its size 11 boot up your gaping shitepipe, you unimaginable cockslurpee. 

Here we are, in a thread called "Mike Scioscia Appreciation Thread" and you toddle on in here like a fuckin adult-sized infant fully prepared to unleash the most apocalyptic tantrum ever seen this side of Costco's playroom furniture aisle. 

Do you even know how to read or is your comprehension likeable to Ralph Macchio's gotdamn shitstained buttplug? This thread is for "appreciating" Mike Scioscia. Here I'm gonna pull up a dictionary definition for your straight up bitch ass.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/appreciation

Definition of Appreciation

1a: a feeling or expression of admiration, approval, or gratitude

What part of any of that means you can come in here and say you are glad he is gone? You are a nugget of absolute fucksauce and may you ever bring shame on your entire family. 

Ok

On 9/30/2018 at 9:09 PM, Biergott said:

The only manager my boys have ever known.  He was so great with the fans, always taking the time to actually talk to kids vs just giving high fives.  Genuine conversations, even if brief, were really meaningful on Season Seat Holder photo day, spring training, or other functions. Very humble person and someone who made two lifelong Angels fans  (wish I could find the images from further back...)

066BFC5B-C293-422F-B862-BB8E497D65F2.jpeg

E116B811-5FE9-45B2-9140-5FC1076F5E7E.jpeg

49822EAB-C3B5-4A6A-B984-88518F5D61F0.jpeg

Good point.

I used to get field passes a lot. Id met sosh here and there through others, but didnt know him at all really.

One day i brought my dad on the field. Sosh was heading back to the clubhouse, stopped by and said hello to me (i never really figured he remembered me from when i had met him), asked if that was my dad. 

I told him yes, and he talked to my old man for a few minutes about ancient baseball before he went to the clubhouse. I always appreciated that.