• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yahoo Sports: Does Trout Suffer From MVP Fatigue Like LeBron & Jordan

VariousCrap

https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-trout-suffer-mvp-fatigue-like-lebron-james-michael-jordan-221946960.html

When you’re the best year-in and year-out — which make no mistake, Trout is without a doubt, the best player in the game — you might get taken for granted. When you’re as consistently great as Mike Trout, sometimes that greatness gets overlooked.

No he suffers from his team sucks itus. If the Angels were atop their division then we’d be having another discussion. Right now the Angels blow ass. And Betts is having just as good a year on a team 30 games ahead of his that’ll be in the postseason. The Angels haven’t had meaningful baseball since July. 

3 hours ago, Kevinb said:

No he suffers from his team sucks itus. If the Angels were atop their division then we’d be having another discussion. Right now the Angels blow ass. And Betts is having just as good a year on a team 30 games ahead of his that’ll be in the postseason. The Angels haven’t had meaningful baseball since July. 

This is a good post. 

19 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

I hate this argument that the MVP has to come from a playoff team.  It says Most Valuable Player, not Most Valuable Player on a team that's heading to the playoffs.  If the Red Sox didn't have Betts, they'll still make the playoffs.  If the Angels didn't have Trout, they'd be battling Texas for the bottom of the division.

The Angels are already 4th. How valuable can he be this year? They could have been 5th? cool. Betts off the Red Sox and they might still make the playoffs but no way do they win the East against the Yankees. Sorry imo if the Angels were better than Trout would win more awards then he is now. The Angels need to start making the playoffs regularly if they want Trout to start winning back to back to back to back MVPs.

25 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

The Angels are already 4th. How valuable can he be this year? They could have been 5th? cool. Betts off the Red Sox and they might still make the playoffs but no way do they win the East against the Yankees. Sorry imo if the Angels were better than Trout would win more awards then he is now. The Angels need to start making the playoffs regularly if they want Trout to start winning back to back to back to back MVPs.

I'm not arguing that fact, I'm arguing that Trout should have more MVPs but because voters/fans think your team has to make the playoffs in order to be MVP of the league is asinine.  You can't place the value of a player based on how well his team does, especially in baseball where one player can only do so much.

1 minute ago, aznhockeyguy said:

I'm not arguing that fact, I'm arguing that Trout should have more MVPs but because voters/fans think your team has to make the playoffs in order to be MVP of the league is asinine.  You can't place the value of a player based on how well his team does, especially in baseball where one player can only do so much.

Ya you can, or at least you should to some degree. I prefer my MVP's to actually win and be valuable. Not put up meaningless stats on a team going absolutely no where.  I love Trout and wish he would win more MVP's but that's on the Angels and their front office. Putting up numbers in crunch time is more worthy then putting up numbers when nothing is on the line. 

Trout's the MVP but I've accepted it's going to Betts...he's had a great year, so be it.  While Betts has flourished in a great offensive line-up, managers have done their best to take Trout out of the game by IBB him 25 or pitch around him, all while having no one to get on base for him and no one to drive him when he gets at a 47% clip and steal bags at a 92% clip...and he's still put up a better offensive season than Betts all while playing GG defense in CF.  That's my vote  if I had one, but Betts likely wins.

35 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Ya you can, or at least you should to some degree. I prefer my MVP's to actually win and be valuable. Not put up meaningless stats on a team going absolutely no where.  I love Trout and wish he would win more MVP's but that's on the Angels and their front office. Putting up numbers in crunch time is more worthy then putting up numbers when nothing is on the line. 

This is a very good post.

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Trout can only control what he can do.  He can't prevent the team's pitchers from giving up walks and hits or help the other hitters in the lineup hit better or get on base more.  So by your logic if Trout has a ridiculous state line of .410/.500/.750 for the season and the Angels are .500 he's still not MVP of the league, just because his team didn't "win," even though Trout did everything humanely possible to put his team in position to do so? How is it Trout's fault that management failed to put a better team around him?

5 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Trout's the MVP but I've accepted it's going to Betts...he's had a great year, so be it.  While Betts has flourished in a great offensive line-up, managers have done their best to take Trout out of the game by IBB him 25 or pitch around him, all while having no one to get on base for him and no one to drive him when he gets at a 47% clip and steal bags at a 92% clip...and he's still put up a better offensive season than Betts all while playing GG defense in CF.  That's my vote  if I had one, but Betts likely wins.

This is 100% true.  Trout's numbers would be even better if he was in that Red Sox line-up.  On the other hand, Betts numbers would be worse if he played on the Angels. 

35 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Trout can only control what he can do.  He can't prevent the team's pitchers from giving up walks and hits or help the other hitters in the lineup hit better or get on base more.  So by your logic if Trout has a ridiculous state line of .410/.500/.750 for the season and the Angels are .500 he's still not MVP of the league, just because his team didn't "win," even though Trout did everything humanely possible to put his team in position to do so? How is it Trout's fault that management failed to put a better team around him?

Obviously if he had some weird anomaly year like that then it might make a difference in my opinion. But short of having some wild crazy year like that I don’t think a player on a 4th place team 20 plus games out of first and that hasn’t had a meaningful game since July should win an MVP. It’s not best player award if it were it would be different. It’s most valuable, and I’ll say it again how valuable is Trout if the Angels with him on the team finished 24 games out of first place and 8 games ahead of Texas for last in our division. How valuable is he? He’s awesome great. Until the Angels start actually winning ball games the losing teams players aren’t as valuable to winning as the winning teams players. At the end of the day it’s about wins and losses.

28 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

This is 100% true.  Trout's numbers would be even better if he was in that Red Sox line-up.  On the other hand, Betts numbers would be worse if he played on the Angels. 

Yep, he's definitely most valuable...East Coast saw in once 2016, hope they see it again it what's turned out to be his best overall season.