• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers' loss was Angels' gain when they hired Mike Scioscia

Chuck

Does anyone increasingly think that maybe if the incoming wave of new talent from the minors, combined with the right strategic acquisitions, leads to returning to contention in 2019, could that re-energize the team and coaching staff?   

But, and important but, they need to limit a new deal for Scioscia, if one exists, to no more than 2 years.  Then if things go well, do another 2 year deal?

No more long term deals!  

I'm open to the idea of Sosh sticking around another year or two to see if they go somewhere with the current Trout window and, in that time, Paul, Johnson, Chavez work below/beside him in AAA/MLB staff gaining experience and learning the 'Angel Way', so long as there is still room for them to bring their own spin and energy into the picture whenever their time comes.

Think of it like Sosh training the next wave of managers like Black, Roenicke, etc.

Also, and this should be in the Ebel thread, Griffin probably deserves a shot somewhere, at least as bench coach.

9 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I hope he is gone so I can see the reaction of those that want him to stay because there will be a reaction.

I think you'll be disappointed.

I haven't seen anyone that is really pushing for him to stay.  There are some who wouldn't mind him staying or simply just don't care.  On the other hand, some of those who want him gone, are desperately wanting him to go.  Those are the ones who will be reacting very strongly if he stays.