• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipotoed

Lhalo

52 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Ya I might be. At least the astros had the balls to be awful and lose. Playing mediocre fiddle pisses me off. There’s literally nothing to gain by trying to be .500 nothing. There is no such thing as momentum. This team isn’t young and trying to build something. This team is one of the oldest teams in baseball. What’s the point either go for it and win or lose shit the bed and rebuild. Why spend 160 plus million dollars for a team that can’t sniff 2nd place let alone 1st. What I hate is meddling in mediocrity. I bet Arte is stoked to have a top 10 payroll, no fans at the stadium, and a team 20 plus games out of first. 

Reading this reminded me of this idiot on Twitter that insisted the offense had the pieces and Scioscia failed in "line-up optimization" by having Trout bat 2nd too many times.  I thought it would the dumbest thing I read today...and then I saw this exchange.  Holy shit, dude...

Houston didn't "have the balls to be awful" they were just awful...there is no thought or courage in that approach.  They were just bad because they did a lot of things that made them bad like signing overpriced, under producing players, making bad trades, not drafting well...etc.  Then, they turned it around with years of high draft picks that graduated to the starting line-up or used as trades.  Now, guys are getting expensive or becoming free agents or getting older.  Houston's peak is now but how long do they got?  Angels' window was 2002 - 2009, eight years, and it was gone.  Reagins and Dipoto tried to buy and trade their way out of it but it just dug them deeper to the core of mediocrity.  We weren't picking until the 2nd or 3rd rounds some seasons and those guys sucked, in 2010 Reagins had 5 1st round draft picks and he whiffed horribly, Dipoto signed Baldoquin and took us out of the international market for years, he also made shitty trades like Mike Clevenger for Vinnie Pestano.  To say the organization was barren when Eppler took over is to undersell it completely...we had nothing from Orem to SLC.

6 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Reading this reminded me of this idiot on Twitter that insisted the offense had the pieces and Scioscia failed in "line-up optimization" by having Trout bat 2nd too many times.  I thought it would the dumbest thing I read today...and then I saw this exchange.  Holy shit, dude...

Houston didn't "have the balls to be awful" they were just awful...there is no thought or courage in that approach.  They were just bad because they did a lot of things that made them bad like signing overpriced, under producing players, making bad trades, not drafting well...etc.  Then, they turned it around with years of high draft picks that graduated to the starting line-up or used as trades.  Now, guys are getting expensive or becoming free agents or getting older.  Houston's peak is now but how long do they got?  Angels' window was 2002 - 2009, eight years, and it was gone.  Reagins and Dipoto tried to buy and trade their way out of it but it just dug them deeper to the core of mediocrity.  We weren't picking until the 2nd or 3rd rounds some seasons and those guys sucked, in 2010 Reagins had 5 1st round draft picks and he whiffed horribly, Dipoto signed Baldoquin and took us out of the international market for years, he also made shitty trades like Mike Clevenger for Vinnie Pestano.  To say the organization was barren when Eppler took over is to undersell it completely...we had nothing from Orem to SLC.

They were bad on purpose. Similar to marlins Baltimore etc. the Angels made terrible moves as well Hamilton Pujols etc and instead we tried to get 15th in the league instead of just going bottom 5 and getting that pick rebuilding. I’d rather the Angels be honest about it. They aren’t  trying to rebuild they are trying to compete and failing at it. I guess we will see what happens this off season and with all these future super stars in the minors. I’m gonna go play ice hockey. You guys continue to blow up my mentions tho I look forward to more when I get off the ice. well bye GIF

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

They were bad on purpose. Similar to marlins Baltimore etc. the Angels made terrible moves as well Hamilton Pujols etc and instead we tried to get 15th in the league instead of just going bottom 5 and getting that pick rebuilding. I’d rather the Angels be honest about it. They aren’t  trying to rebuild they are trying to compete and failing at it. I guess we will see what happens this off season and with all these future super stars in the minors. I’m gonna go play ice hockey. You guys continue to blow up my mentions tho I look forward to more when I get off the ice. well bye GIF

They’re rebuilding.  You are simply too ignorant to see it.  

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Also as usual the guy who exaggerated loses an argument.   

38 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Eppler has been doing what the Astros did, he's just not losing 100+ games three seasons in a row to do it.  The Angels aren't taking the coward's way out and claiming they are poor and not doing anything to help the big club.  The Angels are rebuilding AND spending money, of which they have, trying to be competitive while they are doing it.  That's why their trades haven't involved top prospects, that's why they haven't signed anyone costing them a draft pick, it's why they have combed the waiver wire for talent, it's why they traded aging talent on the verge of free agency for Patrick Sandoval and Ty Buttrey, that's why they spent money on Ohtani, Maitan, Soto, etc on the international market.  None of that puts them back, it only pushes them forward.  Building up the minor leagues from the bottom with draft picks and international talent while filling AA and AAA with cheap depth with options all while not compromising their future.

The rebuilding is happening right in front of you and you are not even seeing it.  

It's not rocket science (or maybe it is.  ask Robert) but we actually have been rebuilding.  

It just so happens that when you have a 10 win player, you can stop gap a few areas and if a lot goes right, you can make the playoffs.  Unfortunately not a lot has gone right, but those stop gaps haven't damaged our future and in several cases, they've actually helped.  

Is the argument that it would have been better to lose more games?  Why?  A slightly better draft pick?  

I wonder if Kevinb realizes that he's arguing both sides.  Annoyed that we haven't tanked and upset that we haven't done more to help the team win.  When you have a 10 win CFer and a 6 win SS you're gonna be hard pressed to lose 100 games.  When half your pitching staff is on the DL and you have no farm or payroll to supplement your holes then you're gonna be hard pressed to win 100 games.  

On a scale of 1 to 10, the health of this franchise has gone from a 2 at the end of 2015 to a 7 at the end of this year.  We're in a position to be good 1-2 or maybe 3 years from now from being a disaster 3 years ago.  

I'll ask you this kevinb.  What would you like to see happen from this point forward?  Because you've complained about everything that has happened.  Why don't you enlighten us as to what should happen over the next 2-3 years.  Should we show some balls and lose 100 games or should we go for it sell off our recently replenished farm system so the team can compete?  

your move chief.  

But guys as a rebuild how come you all said 90 95 wins this year. You don’t even believe it. Here’s a fact in 3 years the Angels have yet to get to .500. Oh and mulwin losing isn’t being a coward. Literally it’s Facking baseball. Coward? Seriously. The most over dramatic Facking comment ever. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

But guys as a rebuild how come you all said 90 95 wins this year. You don’t even believe it. Here’s a fact in 3 years the Angels have yet to get to .500. Oh and mulwin losing isn’t being a coward. Literally it’s Facking baseball. Coward? Seriously. The most over dramatic Facking comment ever. 

Your conclusion is based on flawed reasoning. The Angels have been rebuilding for the last couple of seasons. Rebuilding does not of necessity equal poor standings. You clearly read what you want to read instead of what is actually being said. 

Just now, Sean-Regan said:

Your conclusion is based on flawed reasoning. The Angels have been rebuilding for the last couple of seasons. Rebuilding does not of necessity equal poor standings. You clearly read what you want to read instead of what is actually being said. 

This team is rebuilding and we shouldn’t expect to be above .500 is what I am hearing. Is that not what I’m reading? 

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Says Captain Hyperbole....