• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipotoed

Lhalo

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It would be hilarious if Dipoto traded these guys, and got a lesser return that what he traded for them.

And of those four, Paxton is injury prone, and Diaz is being overworked and thus a candidate for regression in 2019.

Seriously M's, we tried to warn you. 

Any way to blackmail the Astros into firing Jeff Luhnow and hiring Dipoto?

Can't wait to watch Dipoto furiously rosterbate this winter in an attempt to stay afloat. 

He does make a savvy move every now and then but he usually counters that move with three others that wind up burning him in another area. I think Seattle has more year of viability at best before it blows up in their face.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Ms have walked 409 times this year... 27th best in MLB, only four more walks than the team with the fewest walks in MLB....   They also put Dee Gordon's .291 OBP in the leadoff spot for 450 PAs...  Is it still Mike Scioscia's fault?   Stubborn old goat.

Dipoto is fascinating in that he can say all the right things and then do stuff like that.

35 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Can't wait to watch Dipoto furiously rosterbate this winter in an attempt to stay afloat. 

He does make a savvy move every now and then but he usually counters that move with three others that wind up burning him in another area. I think Seattle has more year of viability at best before it blows up in their face.

Furious rosterbating is a perfect description.  I always imagine Dipoto rolling a bunch of dice like Risk when he works out a trade.  

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Dipoto is fascinating in that he can say all the right things and then do stuff like that.

Its easy to do when you have someone to blame it on -- but yeah..   He's in year three of his stay in Seattle and much like he did in Anaheim, he arrived preaching the importance of "controling the zone".   Then he traded for Dee Gordon and Ryon Healey to "improve the offense".

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Considering Servais skewered Segura for getting injured and he's been yapping about "chraracter" my guess is he's a candidate to be moved.

Trade target for the Halos?   Although his AAV contract is $14 million/season through 2022.   He's maintained the .300+ BA since 2016, but his SLG% and SB% have both fallen off some the past 2 seasons.

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

their ownership does but so does the A's ownership.  doesn't correlate to payroll. 

No it doesn’t ... same goes for the Twins. According to Cots the Mainers have about $123M in guaranteed contracts next season and one more year of Felix. Looks like they have some money to spend this off season if they choose.

9 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

No it doesn’t ... same goes for the Twins. According to Cots the Mainers have about $123M in guaranteed contracts next season and one more year of Felix. Looks like they have some money to spend this off season. 

that doesn't include arb which brings them to almost $170m.    Their biggest loss would be Nelson Cruz who likely will cost at least 10-15m.  If they bring him back, they have almost nothing and they need a lot of pitching.  If they get another 160 ip of 3.55 era from Wade LeBlanc, I'll be astounded.  

18 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

that doesn't include arb which brings them to almost $170m.    They're biggest loss would be Nelson Cruz who likely will cost at least 10-15m.  If they bring him back, they have almost nothing and they need a lot of pitching.  If they get another 160 ip of 3.55 era from Wade LeBlanc, I'll be astounded.  

Dee Gordon and his salary could be traded. They need to sign Cruz and could make a play for Donaldson and bump Seager to 1B. They don’t need to spend $40M in arb money. My point is there’s a ton of ways to keep their team in the playoff mix. I’m sure you could think of ways better than I can. Just promise not to share your ideas with Dipoto. 

9 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Dee Gordon and his salary could be traded. They need to sign Cruz and could make a play for Donaldson and bump Seager to 1B. They don’t need to spend $40M in arb money. My point is there’s a ton of ways to keep their team in the playoff mix. I’m sure you could think of ways better than I can. Just promise not to share your ideas with Dipoto. 

I personally don’t think Gordon has much if any trade value at his current salary.   He has a sub .300 OBP and his game is built on speed.   Speed only helps if you get on base above a league average clip.