• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Star Trek: Into Darkness

Where did all the movie threads go? This movie was incredible! I didn't want it to end. The 2 hours and 3 mins flew by. I hope I don't have to wait 4 years for the next one, but I'm guessing I will.

p.s. Thank you JJ Abrams for bringing Alice Eve to the Enterprise. Really, thank you!

Agreed. What a film. Liked it more than Iron Man 3. Cumberbatch was absolutely amazing in his role. I won't ruin it and say who he played, but most Trekkies will be stoked.

I'm not a Trekkie but I've seen the other films.

Based on the trailers, I had a guess as to who he was and still haven't seen the film but my guess was confirmed.

I assume that others guessed correctly as well.

I can't wait to see this, though.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed the movie as well...JJ has done a great job balancing catering to the old Star Trek fans and making the movie relevant for modern audiences. 

Some of the controversies surrounding the movie are pretty hilarious as well (Alice Eve's "Bra" scene and Cumberbatch's character's ethnic origins)

If you are a Trek fan you are thinking they just shit on all of the previous movies and the series taking scenes out of context and switching roles, killing off characters before their time, introducing characters that shouldn't exist yet. All in all sloppy ass writing wrapped around a bunch of efx.

If you are a Trek fan you are thinking they just shit on all of the previous movies and the series taking scenes out of context and switching roles, killing off characters before their time, introducing characters that shouldn't exist yet. All in all sloppy ass writing wrapped around a bunch of efx.

I didn't think any of this...

cumberbath's depiction of khan is way better than the original.

Hmmm...I wouldn't say "way better".  They're just different.  After a lackluster "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" , Star Trek II, and particularly Ricardo Montalbon's Kahn, saved the franchise.  I just watched it recently and he was consistent with his character that he introduced in the original series.  I thought they were both equally good in the roles they were given.

Hmmm...I wouldn't say "way better".  They're just different.  After a lackluster "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" , Star Trek II, and particularly Ricardo Montalbon's Kahn, saved the franchise.  I just watched it recently and he was consistent with his character that he introduced in the original series.  I thought they were both equally good in the roles they were given.

I would agree.  They were both good in their own rights.  Montalbon's Kahn did save the ST franchise.  Also, he was a different character since he had a direct link/hatred towards Kirk.  Cumberbath's Kahn didn't really have a direct link towards Kirk, but more directed towards Admiral Marcus.  Also Cumberbath's Kahn, I really don't know if Kahn was telling the truth, or Marcus.